Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

(Reasons We're Probably Not) Dating Or In A Relationship Thread NSFW • Page 635

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by dylan, Apr 7, 2016.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. sleepy

pale earnhardt jr.

This too, as I said.. not use to affection so even when it's overt I have times where I'm like "What is that? That's not normal" lol. It's that mix of obliviousness, not wanting to assume, lil self doubt, and not being use to being a target of affection that usually I couldn't tell unless it's overt. Even with girls that never told me outright I send testers to the point when I finally asked they laughed and were like "Damn boy, I was wondering what was holding you up" lol

2. Whatjuliansaid

News on once the clouds are gone. Prestigious

This girl occasionally messages me and tells me to come over but is non responsive and non emotive and it's like wtf

3. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

Like when you say "Ok", she doesn't respond after that?

If so, that stuff is really weird.

4. Whatjuliansaid

Yea or she'll respond with something confirming it but still non descriptive and then disappear

5. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

Yeah idk how to deal with that. I get that too from time to time.

6. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

My long journey seems to be coming to an end. I did therapy for myself for three months, then my wife and I went together for about three months together. Yesterday we were just hanging out (we've been hanging out more and more lately) and I asked her if she gave any more thought into me moving back in (it's been 7 months living separately now), and she said "when do you want to move back?" And just to get a response out of her I said, "this weekend", to which she said "okay." I totally wasn't expecting her to say that, and we have therapy this week so it'll definitely be brought up, but man has it been a very long and emotionally draining 7 months. I just hope it works out for the better.

7. Whatjuliansaid

I maintain that if people care enough, they'll show it

8. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

Glad it's hopefully coming to an end for you bud, You definitely deserve it!

9. Whatjuliansaid

Idk where to post this but this girl keeps asking me to delete her ex

I hardly know her or her ex. I went to school with her but we don't really talk or are friends. Her ex randomly added me and I didn't know who she was but I guess that they were going out or were friends. She keeps asking me to delete her ex and it's so weird. When I broke up with my ex of 6yrs I was pissed when my friends didn't delete my ex but I didn't go around begging them to. It was also different because they knew she hurt me and did nothing, they clearly just didn't care. That's probably why I'm not friends with any of them anymore. Also her ex has been nothing but nice to me so it puts me in a weird spot.

10. bigmike

Trusted Prestigious

If two of my close friends who are currently dating and one dumped the other, I wouldn't delete one of them from social media. I think that's an unreasonable expectation of people not directly involved in said break up.

ChaseTx, skogsraet, dylan and 3 others like this.
  11. Whatjuliansaid

Yea, I agree. I just want them to stop asking me, it makes me feel bad. I feel guilty, even though it's not my fault.

Colby Searcy and bigmike like this.
  12. Whatjuliansaid

One would assume she doesn't like you very much

13. angrycandy

I’m drama in these khaki towns Supporter

goddamn

Colby Searcy likes this.
  14. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

So I gotta vent about something lol

I'm fresh out of a 2 year relationship. The last 2 and 1/2 weeks I'd been really hitting it off with this girl from Tinder (I know). I've never used Tinder until this month.

Anyways she was super cool and texted me every day and she liked things that I thought were interesting. We had 3 dates. Dates 1 & 2 went great then date 3 she invited me out to a bar area she said with some of her friends. I show up and apparently it's her best friends birthday whose from out of town and a whole bunch of her high school friends. All in all 7.

Who the hell does that for a 2nd or 3rd date. I was overwhelmed. I gave her space to celebrate with her friend for birthday. Then the next day she's like "this isn't going to work". After being completely up my ass for a week or two beforehand. The week prior we had some makeout time.

I don't really care long term but wtf was that lol? Wayyy too much wayyy too soon. She was asking me to hang out like every Friday and Saturday. She's a teacher and hinted at inviting me to go with her to her schools dance event that she had to chaperone. And then that....

That was a decently batshit experience lol. And I'm stuck kinda dealing with that headspace on a Monday.

dylan likes this.
  15. dadbolt

Prestigious Prestigious

yeah third date is way too soon to be dropped into the middle of that many of their friends with the expectation of entertaining them. my anxiety would have been through the roof.

Your Milkshake and dylan like this.
  16. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

Thank you! Holy hell. Lol

Just making sure I'm not cray

dadbolt likes this.
  17. MrCon

I was trying to describe myself to someone

How Tinder of her.

I know some people who have an attitude that they expect their dates/partners to be able to fend for themselves in that situation. They don't want to have to babysit them, but at the same time, as a third date, that seems a really strange thing to do. I mean, how do you even get introduced?

"This is so and so, I've met him twice."
    "Nice to meet you!"

I think not.

18. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

I know dude

I'm kinda shellshocked. I handled it like a champ that night too.

Also we went to a piano bar and so all the women wanted to get up close to the stage and dance and the place was packed to the brim, nowhere to sit. So I just hung back with the rest of the guys in the group and gave her space to dance and sing with her birthday friend.

How do you do anything in a piano bar

dylan, dadbolt and Colby Searcy like this.
  19. Whatjuliansaid

Had a really long convo with a really cool girl and then she told me she just wanted to sleep around so it wouldn't have worked out anyway. I'm glad I learned that so soon, wish it happened more.

20. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

yeah tinder is nuts and kinda ruined me forever. the one girl i met from there was the most intensely beautiful and awesome person i've dated, we fell head over heels for each other, dated for a year... but she had anxiety that got worse and worse as school and work ramped up, until she was doing 70 hour weeks between school, clinicals, and work. it became a wall i couldn't penetrate. she literally could not make time for me, and the one day a week she got off she wanted to herself. i was patient for a while, but the last time i saw her was valentines day 2015. i broke up with her at the end of May that year. over three months of not seeing her and we lived 10 miles from each other. i just couldn't do it and it broke my heart to end it but it crossed every boundary i'd set for myself. i still think about her all the time and i think it'll always be that way

Joe4th, dylan, js977 and 2 others like this.
  21. bigmike

Trusted Prestigious

That's rough, bud. I think everyone has that "what if" partner from their past.

Joe4th, dylan, js977 and 1 other person like this.
  22. angrycandy

I’m drama in these khaki towns Supporter

:-/

*hugs

electro haikus and Colby Searcy like this.
  23. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

It's a haunting thing

bigmike, dylan and electro haikus like this.
  24. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

yeah man. it's alright, she is graduated and kicked ass and i'm happy for her. sometimes wondering if something could've been better is more pleasant than knowing for sure that it fucking sucked lol

bigmike and dylan like this.
  25. dylan

Most-liked person on chorus Supporter

same, probably to the point where i would have been so on edge i would have been mad or angry. you handled it waaaaaaay better than I could of, so kudos to you. Shitty on her.

Your Milkshake and dadbolt like this.
Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.