Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

(Reasons We're Probably Not) Dating Or In A Relationship Thread NSFW

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by dylan, Apr 7, 2016.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. dylan

Most-liked person on chorus Supporter

Didn't see one, figured we needed one. Discuss all the feelz

stevewonders likes this.
  2. Dominick

Prestigious Prestigious

I'm engaged. But, we also date other people.

3. SLADE775

RiverCityScumbags Prestigious

Like Ramathorne and his lady from Super Troopers?

sincerelymejames and nl5011 like this.
  4. Turkeylegz

Trusted

Live with my girlfriend. It's pretty cool. She's my best friend.

stevewonders, wordlyworld and nl5011 like this.
  5. How do I get a guy to date me? This is for science.

Midnightea and Fucking Dustin like this.
  6. nl5011

Trusted Supporter

Most guys like girls who show any interest in them.

7. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

My girlfriend posts here so...

she's great!

8. Gwen

11:11 // Resident Queen Prestigious

I have a girlfriend. I wanna take her last name one day.

summertimejesus likes this.
  9. That has never gotten me anywhere...

10. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

I'm torn between pursuing a relationship or continuing to focus on my career

11. Dominick

Prestigious Prestigious

More like John Reed and Louise Bryant.

12. Fucking Dustin

Please click "like" Supporter

I know the adage is "Your career won't leave you for someone else" but I know in comedy it will leave you for someone else so idk. What feels more fulfilling?

13. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

At the moment I am really enjoying my work. And I've got a ton of friends and the occasional physical romp. Haha, I think the only person making it a problem is me!

Kevin360 and Fucking Dustin like this.
  14. Fucking Dustin

Haha I'm definitely happy for you. I'm still in the "open mic" stage and it is so draining.

15. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a whole lot farther than you. I was lucky to get hired at a start-up theater and got 2 years of sketch/improv stage time. Got me off on a good foot.

Definitely did some open mics and ugh... it's rough. Have you looked into showcase nights at your local theaters?

16. TheWater(s)

Kiss The Sky Prestigious

I've been married for 1 year on the 11th. It's pretty cool.

She always rolls on to my side of the bed and steals my favorite pillow, then pinning me to the wall. It's a very serious problem.

17. Guys Named Todd

Regular Prestigious

I always like hearing people say this. I'm in the same situation. 8 years with my girlfriend and it's pretty much the best thing.

Turkeylegz likes this.
  18. Fucking Dustin

I may be looking into it more soon enough. It was hard doing open mics with my schedule with the kids + work schedule but now that my IT hours have changed so drastically the possibility of consistent open mics is there again so Ima hit the ground running with that again and see about local theaters in the process. (DCH, Addison Improv maybe, idk)

19. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

Cool, good to hear! It's maybe not the best strategy in the world, but for a couple shows I located the showcase host on Facebook and sent them a personal message. They are either creeped out or flattered that you sought them out, haha. But a little pleasantry goes a long way.

20. Fucking Dustin

I'll remember that, thank you so much!

Back on topic, as far as dating goes, I struggle with it a lot. I think I'd be a great husband but a horrible boring boyfriend.

21. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

Yeah, one of my good friends just said that I'd make a great single dad. I told him, "That's the problem, I know that!"

I struggle with the perception that a lot of people seem very interested in superficial entertainment and activities. My brain takes a little more substantial stimulation than some and I can imagine that could be exhausting to someone else.

22. Fucking Dustin

I would definitely make a great single dad. I am proof of it. Hahahahaha. But yeah, I feel the same way. Enjoy a lot of deep conversation and actually getting to know someone, opposed to what's expected in casual dating.

23. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

Haha, right. My favorite activity might be talking. I'm in college too and it seems pretty split when I go out. I either end up having a deep convo or wishing I had just stayed home in the first place. But I do have it pretty well, I shouldn't complain :-p

24. dylan

Most-liked person on chorus Supporter

I got burned pretty bad in my last relationship so I've been single for about 2 years now. I met a girl off tinder last Sunday. I've been pretty straight up about not wanting anything serious, or to even really date or anything, and she's been cool about it. It's nice to get out and test the waters again.

25. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

See, every time I use Tinder, I have a pleasant conversation and then never see the girl again. I must be using it wrong, haha.

stevewonders and Adam like this.
Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.