Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Dashboard Confessional Band • Page 9

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by jordalsh, Apr 2, 2016.

1. i need em

2. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

bradsonemanband likes this.
  3. i swear to god, if i get an opportunity to pay a reasonable price for Swiss Army Romance on vinyl, i'll cry. and if i can get MTV Unplugged on vinyl too, then that's a (huge) bonus.

4. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Man, Unplugged on vinyl would be amazing.

bradsonemanband likes this.
  5. duritzfan13

all we have is time

Was So Impossible ever put out on vinyl?

6. I'd kill for this:

Swiss Army Romance (deluxe 2xLP) with A/B being SAR, and then sides C/D being the Drowning, Summer Kiss, and So Impossible EPs.

haha that is my dream scenario...

David Parke likes this.
  7. nope.... just CD

8. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Craig Manning likes this.
  9. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

Wonder why they didn't put these up for sale at the same time.

10. Craig Manning

Also, said this on Twitter, but I'm holding out hope that the Dusk & Summer pressing has the original album version of "Stolen" and not the inferior radio single version.

AlwaysEvolving21 likes this.
  11. Full Effect Ed

...In F*cking Full Effect Prestigious

I never understood why they thought speeding the song up would be a good idea..

12. Craig Manning

Me neither. Whenever I hear that version of the song, I'm just like "What the fuck is happening?" It sounds broken.

Full Effect Ed likes this.
  13. duritzfan13

all we have is time

We're biased but I heard the fast version first and whenever I hear the slow one it feels soo wrong and dragged out haha

14. Craig Manning

I mean, it's supposed to be a ballad, not a fucking kidz bop song.

15. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Stolen, in either version, is one of my least favorite Dashboard songs.

16. Craig Manning

WE KNOW, STEVE.

17. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

"stolen" is fuckin awesome but the non-single version is way superior

18. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

Stolen was prob my favorite on that album. To be fair I probably only listened to the album like three times though.

19. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

I ordered both. They are just must haves in my collection. It feels like I’m filling a void haha.

I like Stolen a lot, but I think there are way better songs on the album. The slow version is actually going to be the first dance song at my wedding. The fiancée looooves it.

manoverboard365 likes this.
  20. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

21. duritzfan13

all we have is time

I get that. I could see it both ways. The faster version always seemed more celebratory to me, which I dug. They're both good.. I'm partial to the one I heard first of course though haha.

Anyways-- I am beyond stoked to have "So Long, So Long" on vinyl.

AlwaysEvolving21 likes this.
  22. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Dusk and Summer vinyl is sold out, but AMAMABAS vinyl is still available if anyone was sitting on that.

23. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

24. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

My AMAMABAS and Dusk & Summer vinyl's came in today! Owning these albums on vinyl feels like a void is filled.

Two things:

-Listening to the AMAMABAS production on vinyl is remarkable. Gave me a different listening experience.

-Dusk & Summer has the slow version of 'Stolen' for those who were wondering.

:heart:is full.

25. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Shade Of Poison Trees is a terribly underrated album in DC's discography. I have so many good memories with that album. Its the album in the discog that probably makes me feel 'safe' the most, if that makes sense.

I remember when i first heard it I thought they were demos bc all the songs were acoustic. The only thing I still wish happened was an actual full band version of the album being released. I feel like it would've been up there with AMAMABAS.