Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Dashboard Confessional Band • Page 30

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by jordalsh, Apr 2, 2016.

1. Ellite25

Regular

These are some of my favorite dashboard songs in a long time

David Parke likes this.
  2. David Parke Nov 8, 2021
    (Last edited: Nov 8, 2021)
    [​IMG] Carrabba after writing “Here’s to Moving On,” probably

edit: damn I forgot that “Burning Heart” song! SO GREAT!

Onlyadirector likes this.
  3. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

From what I can tell, Burning Heart is part of the album that he finished pre-COVID, but Here's To Moving On was obviously made after that album. So the question becomes.... are there two completed albums, or did he take his finished album and has been tinkering with that for the last year plus?

4. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

5. Callum Macleod

Do or do not, there is no try.

Ah, I love this! I’d take anything from classic DC right through Alter but Crooked just didn’t do much for me. Love the lyrics/storytelling to this.

6. BenSmith94

Trusted

Hell yeah, I saw him play this live in December 2018 and was wondering whether it would ever end up on a record. Loved it at the time, glad it hasn't been lost!

7. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

Great song. Sounds like the midway point between early Dashboard and Twin Forks.

.K., AlwaysEvolving21 and David Parke like this.
  8. razorburn

Trusted

Yeah, both those songs are great.

9. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

"Burning Heart" is the opener, it looks like.

10. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Loving the female harmonies.

David Parke and bradsonemanband like this.
  11. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

Ooh instantly anticipating this. Very classic DC, give me a whole album of that

Jason Tate likes this.
  12. LessThanTrevor

Trusted Prestigious

My fiancé preordered the record. Hell yeah.

13. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Same producer as the first two albums. This MFer is going full circle with this new album isn’t he?

These new songs sound intimate and he just seemed so at ease in that little promo video he shared of being in the studio.

David Parke, .K. and bradsonemanband like this.
  14. LessThanTrevor

Trusted Prestigious

Is the Burning Heart video posted in here studio or just live performance? He performed it on Brian Fallon’s little podcast/video interview thing last year. It was great.

15. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Live performance from their livestream show on Valentine’s Day.

LessThanTrevor likes this.
  16. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Just watched the live debut of Here's To Moving On and Chris mentioned his wife and children. Chris has kids?!?! I had no idea haha.

17. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

18. yeah I heard him mention them on some podcast a couple years ago and I had to call my wife immediately! I'm honestly impressed he pulled that level of privacy off. Seems like such a good dude.
    We got to meet him at the merch table at a Twin Forks show years ago and my wife and he got to talking tattoos. She doesn't have one but has been contemplating getting "remember to breathe" script on her arm. he told her not to because she'd get addicted. like, what a wholesome answer. haha

AlwaysEvolving21 likes this.
  19. AlwaysEvolving21 Dec 29, 2021
    (Last edited: Dec 29, 2021)
    AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Hahaha. What’s funny is i had a similar conversation about tattoos with him years ago. He flat out said….”no I don’t think you need anymore. It’s addicting. Plus, I regret some of mine”

David Parke likes this.
  20. Oh man. Now he needs to go on a tattoo podcast and dish!

AlwaysEvolving21 likes this.
  21. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Forgot this one existed!

manoverboard365 likes this.
  22. manoverboard365

Trusted

Always dug this one, had such a Weezer vibe.
    I believe it was on the Jennifer’s Body soundtrack

23. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

Merch at the show

Attached Files:

aspeedomodel likes this.
  24. zachmacD

Trusted

My wife and I went to this tour last Sunday and it was awesome. AFS opened and it felt like there was barely anyone here. They sounded pretty good but were kind of a letdown. Ben's vocals were pretty rough.

Dashboard played next and it was incredible. Awesome setlist and his voice sounded strong. Hearing Chris and the crowd sing their heart out reminded me of seeing Dashboard back in the day. One of the best sets I've seen in a while.

Andrew McMahon was very good but I just don't like his music. Halfway through, I thought all the songs started to sound the same, but my wife loved his set

David87 likes this.