Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Dashboard Confessional Band • Page 18

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by jordalsh, Apr 2, 2016.

1. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

2. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Has Chris ever said why he skipped Shade of Poison Trees with his re-recordings?

3. manoverboard365

Trusted

who the heck decided that Fever Dreams was one of the Best Ones?

4. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

It is already a stripped back release, he basically said he wanted to re-do the full band albums to present them as he like, originally intended? I guess Shade came out as intendd

5. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

The only songs I really like on that album are “Thick as Thieves” and “Little Bombs.”

6. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

I love Shade lol.

7. Shade is one of my favorites

David Parke likes this.
  8. aspeedomodel

Cautiously pessimistic Prestigious

Shade is fine. Was his worst album until the new one, I think.

9. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

I know I'd listen to Shade over Shadows and Dusk easily

I know I'm in the minority that doesn't love Dusk but it does nothing for me

manoverboard365 likes this.
  10. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

Every few months, I give Shade another shot. It's never clicked with me and I still think it's mostly pretty boring, aside from 3-4 very good songs. It's still my least favorite Dashboard record.

bradsonemanband likes this.
  11. irthesteve

Dusk is my least favorite as well

aspeedomodel likes this.
  12. aspeedomodel

Cautiously pessimistic Prestigious

I think Dusk was the most jarring change. So for me, I wasn't a fan upon release. Looking back and rating his albums now, I think it has some excellent tracks.

13. manoverboard365 and Greg1 like this.
  14. Greg1

Didn't know this album existed. Awesome, cheers.

David Parke likes this.
  15. manoverboard365

Trusted

Wait, is this an original or a cover? It doesn't have a Twin Forks or Dashboard feel at all, almost sounds like something Dave Grohl would've written. I dig it!

16. irthesteve

it's a Rival Schools cover

17. Henry

Moderator Moderator

18. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

Chris did a great interview on the Watch today.

19. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

coleslawed likes this.
  20. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Swiss - Album that put them on the map!

Places - DC's most emotionally driven album that propelled them forward. I'll throw in the legendary MTV Unplugged version right here too. Still, till this day, is the best Unplugged performance/episode. (Bleachers' MTV Unplugged performance is right up there with it)

A Mark - DC's most nostalgic album!

Dusk - My favorite DC album! The acoustic release is fantastic too.

Shade - DC's most underrated album. So many good songs on here that get overlooked. I do wish a full electric version existed.

Alter - Honestly? DC's best work. The acoustic DLX release makes it that much sweeter.

Crooked - DC's most underwhelming release to date, granted a few extremely high quality tracks from it.

coleslawed and .K. like this.
  21. manoverboard365

Trusted

There's an acoustic release of Dusk & Summer?

Also I've noticed I'm one of the few people on this site that thinks Alter and Dusk were disappointing albums. I honestly come back to songs from Crooked more than those two (still don't think Crooked is that great either, though.)

And yeah I agree, Shade is a very underrated album. Clean Break, The Rush, Widows Peak, damn those are some great tunes.

22. quietwords

RIP EmoPunkKid28: 2002-2016 Prestigious

For me, Shade sounds like him trying to get the “acoustic only!” fans back who didn’t like the full band stuff. I remember the, for lack of a better term, backlash he got from so many fans who hated that he didn’t keep it a solo thing.

I really didn’t like that album, other than one or two tracks.

duritzfan13 likes this.
  23. duritzfan13

all we have is time

I agree with this. I would put Crooked Shadows above Shade

24. I only listen to the first EPs, the MTV unplugged, Swiss, and Places...

I will verrrry rarely listen to anything "newer" than those. The later albums never did anything for me, even back when they came out originally.

So yeah...I'm THAT guy.

coleslawed likes this.
  25. manoverboard365

Trusted

I think for all the releases after AMAMABAS, I can take all the songs I liked and make a 15 song album. Never listen to those albums in full though.