Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Dashboard Confessional Band • Page 10

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by jordalsh, Apr 2, 2016.

1. Little Bombs is never talked about but it’s a top 5 song for me

2. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

Although I've never loved anything Dashboard has done as hard as I loved The Swiss Army Romance as a young high school kid having his first romantic relationships of his life, as an adult looking back on his/their discography now, I think Shade of Posion trees might be my favorite Dashboard album by a long shot.

I can still remember working at Subway and my buddy/co-worker blasting "Screaming Infidelities" and just BAWLING his eyes out because his girlfriend had just broken up with him. This is while we were both working. I can only imagine now as an adult walking into Subway on my lunch-break looking for a quick bite to eat that's not McDonald's and stumbling onto that situation.

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  3. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

I really don’t like Shade aside from a few songs. I don’t think his writing on that album was up to par.

duritzfan13 likes this.
  4. Kuri44

Shade of poison trees is my favorite DC album

AlwaysEvolving21 and David Parke like this.
  5. duritzfan13

all we have is time

I think that “Shade..” is the clear weakest DC record. The only one I really don’t go back to other than a couple songs.

6. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

I think crooked shadows is the weakest album by far. Super disappointed by that one. I don’t even want to consider anything other than an EP lol.

David Parke likes this.
  7. It was so weird he talked about it like a return to form.

8. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

I can see some songs being that in a way, but it totally didn't deliver. We Fight and Just What To Say are two fantastic songs. HBH was ok until it got overplayed for me. The songs went overboard.

9. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

Crooked Shadows grew on me. Shade never did. Neither are anywhere near as good as the records he made in between them.

duritzfan13 and irthesteve like this.
  10. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

I would love to see him work with Butch Walker again.

How do you feel about the Twin Forks record?

David Parke likes this.
  11. Twin forks is among his best work IMO

AlwaysEvolving21 likes this.
  12. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

I agree. I wish that was a DC album, tbh haha.

13. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

I listen to A Mark, Shade and Alter the most. The first single from Crooked Shadows was the only one I liked or even made it through the whole song actually.

bradsonemanband likes this.
  14. Nyquist

I must now go to the source Supporter

The one-two punch of “The Places You Have Come To Fear The Most” followed by “This Bitter Pill” will always resonate with me. I had a hell of a lot going on as a teenager when I heard those two and they still mean a lot to me. I was suicidal and “This Bitter Pill” devastated me. A few years later in the emotional aftermath of everything I heard “The End Of An Anchor” and the lines

“I wasn’t well for a while
    I cherished the things that I knew
    Were sure to destroy me
    And that seemed to hold me
    That seemed to carry me
    Where I couldn’t go
    On the strength of my own
    Well I should have known

That gets me nowhere
    I’ve learned that now I swear”

...brought me to tears. Still does if I think about it long enough. Life is long and hard and wonderful and awful and confusing and I’m grateful for it.

15. Aaaaaand “end of an anchor” is my fav DC track. Y’all nailing it tonight in here.

Nyquist likes this.
  16. manoverboard365

Trusted

End of An Anchor is one of my favorite DC songs.

Shade isn't their best record, but it's definitely a solid one. Clean Breaks, The Rush, Widows Peak, Little Bombs and Where There's Gold are all amazing tracks.

17. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Matters of Blood and Connection
    Little Bombs
    These Bones

Top 3 Shade songs for me.

David Parke likes this.
  18. Shade Of Poison Trees getting praise makes me happy! The Rush has always been my favorite. It always reminds me of Grey Anatomy's theme song for some reason.

AlwaysEvolving21 likes this.
  19. duritzfan13

all we have is time

"Swiss" & "Places" are finally back on Spotify. Still no "Shade" or "So Impossible" though

20. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

coleslawed and bradsonemanband like this.
  21. his hair is in a place right now

22. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

the only two you need.

bradsonemanband likes this.
  23. duritzfan13

all we have is time

24. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

He replied to a comment about Impossible on that tweet with "Soon!"

duritzfan13 likes this.