Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Dashboard Confessional Band

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by jordalsh, Apr 2, 2016.

1. Dashboard Confessional is an American acoustic rock band from Boca Raton, Florida, led by singer-songwriter Chris Carrabba.

2. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

I love his acoustic records, but I think the electric albums are seriously underrated.

3. RT...I think he has a rock solid discog personally. I know you're not big on Poison Trees but I have a soft spot for that one haha.

Alter The Ending is his most accomplished record I think though

teebs41 likes this.
  4. Craig Manning

Yeah, I don't like Poison Trees outside of like three tracks. Agreed on Alter the Ending. Him and Butch teaming up was just too good.

jordalsh likes this.
  5. cshadows2887

Hailey, It Happens @haileyithappens Supporter

@jordalsh Got your back on Shade. That was the album that really converted me.

Badtasteinmusic and jordalsh like this.
  6. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

This just reminded me I still don't have Alter, despite it having my favorite DC song on it.

7. Craig Manning

For the record, I have warmed up to Shade a bit recently. But I still think it's the weakest DC album.

teebs41 and jordalsh like this.
  8. I don't ever hear enough love for "Heaven Here"

Craig Manning likes this.
  9. chhholly123

i’ve been meaning to tell you

Agree. Love that record. "Belle of the Boulevard" has gotta be my favorite Dashboard song.

jordalsh likes this.
  10. "Blame It On The Changes" is just a beautiful track top to bottom--production-wise, melodically, vocally...one of my favorites

chhholly123 likes this.
  11. Meerkat

human junk drawer Prestigious

I forgot "Stolen" existed and just got sent down a deep rabbit hole of nostalgia. Holy shit

12. Meerkat

human junk drawer Prestigious

@jordalsh Sorry, can't come to the phone right, Eva's busy looking at pictures of her and her high school girlfriend, can I take a message?

Craig Manning and jordalsh like this.
  13. Craig Manning

The last two tracks on Dusk and Summer have a very special place in my heart.

14. Kennedy

loomasleep.bandcamp.com Prestigious

lol, Further Seems Forever just posted this on their FB page and i wanted to share it on here cause i thought it was awesome. i didnt wanna make a Further thread and have this be in the first post so i figured most people in this thread are moon is down fans... check this out!

wakaflockajamez and collin512 like this.
  15. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

ready for a new album

16. Gooddayz

always and forever

What's a good starting place? My only knowledge of this band is Stolen and the song TSOPT.

17. irthesteve

Start at Mark, Mission, Brand, Scar I'd say. Others will say the album before that, but I think that's easily his best

18. ReginaPhilange

Trusted Prestigious

Shade lover here as well. Actually not a huge fan of Alter the Ending. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

That being said I should check Alter out again, it's been a while.

19. Gooddayz

always and forever

Sweet I just started it on Spotify!

20. the first two albums and EPs are the best, in my opinion.

everything after that gets very radio friendly and meh.

coleslawed likes this.
  21. Gooddayz

always and forever

Well I just finished TPYHC and A Mark, A Mission and I would say on initial listen I enjoyed the latter more. This Bitter Pill was a hell of a closer though.

22. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

The Shade of Poison Trees doesn't get enough love.

23. irthesteve

agreed, and neither does Alter the Ending, that album is really great

jordalsh likes this.
  24. Collins

Trusted

Did the label just not promote Shade enough? There was a big drop off in sales from Dusk to Shade.