Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Dashboard Confessional / Vinyl Theatre / This Wild Life Tour • Page 2

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by kidinthebushes, Dec 6, 2016.

1. josh-

Twitter: @joshcaraballin

So why couldn't they draw on Taste of Chaos?

2. kidinthebushes

Trusted

1,500 capacity clubs are a little different than amphitheaters.

duritzfan13 likes this.
  3. kidinthebushes

Trusted

Screenshot_20170116-100029.png

4. kidinthebushes

Trusted

The final date for This Wild Life's headlining run is Wednesday. I assume they'll get announced later this week.

5. jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

This Wild Life cancelled the rest of their headliner and booked it to Boston so this was a super last minute add.

kidinthebushes likes this.
  6. kidinthebushes

Trusted

The decision to cancel these remaining dates was difficult to make and is the first and hopefully last time we will have to disappoint fans that support our music. Anyone mentioning "money, business, or selling out" has a misconception of what it's like to struggle in a small level band like ours. We would make more money working minimum wage jobs at home. We do this because we love it more than anything else in this world. We have driven thousands of miles to play shows, played sick on stage, and played to five people in the audience time and time again. We have never canceled a show for any reason other than Portland getting a foot of snow over night and the promoter canceling for safety. As many of you have guessed, we were offered to join the Dashboard Confessional Tour under the condition that we immediately head across country to start the first date on Tuesday night in Boston. We will lose money on this tour and travel in a van during the most dangerous time of the year to be on highways. It is absolutely not a cash grab in any way, shape, or form. The reason I picked up an acoustic guitar and sang was to learn how to play "Screaming Infidelities" at 13 years old. My girlfriend bought me my first guitar under the condition that I learn that song and sing it to her. TWL would simply not exist whatsoever without the direct influence this band had on my life. Playing in this band has changed my life in so many ways, and I appreciate every single fan that gives us the time of day. We have never charged fans to meet us, I generally come out to Merch every night to meet and thank the people that allow us to pursue our musical dreams. Seeing you guys disappointed is painful for me on a personal level and I'm truly sorry that a few of you feel let down. I can only hope that you understand the position our band is in at the moment, and that this tour is something that I have dreamed of for fifteen years. To those of you that will have us, Anthony and I have already discussed a way to make up these dates and play shows either for free or as cheap as a venue will allow us to put tickets on sale. We spend more time with our fans than with our families and loved ones at home, we will continue to do so without hesitation because we love the shared connection of this music. - Kevin

7. natefoundglory

Trusted Supporter

Really a no-brainer that shouldn't have to be explained haha.

ALT/MSC/FAN likes this.
  8. kidinthebushes

Trusted

I think they were trying to appease people like this.

Matt Hurd I'll never buy a ticket to see you again. Machine gun Kelly did this shit too. Won't buy a ticket to see him ever again either.

Canceling tours to play some new shows is shit. There's no way to make it up for many of us. We lose paid time off from work, and travel/hotel expenses. Such a great way to treat your actual fans. You know, the ones who actually like you and go to your shows and sing with you?

9. josh-

People are the worst

10. marsvoltamcr

Trusted

This is a good opportunity for This Wild Life. I'm not a huge fan of them, but I could see a good chunk of the Dashboard crowd getting into it.

11. kidinthebushes

Trusted

[​IMG]

12. kidinthebushes

Trusted

FIVE Nashville shows! Am I missing something? How small is this venue?

13. kidinthebushes

Trusted

Surprised that Dashboard Confessional hasn't made an official announcement yet about This Wild Life joining the tour. It starts tomorrow.

14. kidinthebushes

Trusted

15. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

16. duritzfan13

all we have is time

17. manoverboard365

Trusted

Holy crap I love that setlist! Hopefully it doesnt change too much by the time I see them in 2 weeks. Need to hear that Julien Baker cover.

bradsonemanband likes this.
  18. kidinthebushes

Trusted

Dashboard is doing an acoustic show at Knitting Factory after the Irving Plaza show tonight.

19. kidinthebushes

Trusted

20. josh-

Sorority Noise and Julien Baker covers. That's so dope

21. quietwords

RIP EmoPunkKid28: 2002-2016 Prestigious

Was at the Wednesday night show in Boston, and I just don't think Chris can sing anymore. He tried to belt during the end of (I think) Carry This Picture, and it was embarrassing. My friend looked at me after the first few songs and said "It's too early in the tour for him to be losing his voice." But. I just think it's gone.

22. manoverboard365

Trusted

Just realized my show is in 2 weeks and I still havent received my tickets....should I be worried? I bought them over a month ago.

23. josh-

He's not in the band lol

24. natefoundglory

Trusted Supporter

Posts without context, man.

thisisnotbrianm likes this.
  25. joe.boy.fresh.

Trusted

Dashboard played a 200 cap room in San Diego tonight. It's nights like these that make me pissed I moved to Chicago.

pauljgreco likes this.