Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Dashboard Confessional / The All-American Rejects / The Social Animals / The Maine Tour • Page 6

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by kidinthebushes, Apr 10, 2017.

1. tyler2tall

Trusted Supporter

The show tonight wasn't too crowded. Showed up right before AAR and got pretty far up. Does Chris wear a Coors shirt every night?

2. johnnyferris

Sic Parvis Magna Prestigious

My show was in an amphitheater so I can't help you there

3. Aregala

Blistering Guitar Lead

I saw this tonight

Holy fuck Dashboard are still so good. Was truly floored by how much Chris puts into every note, every song, every strum, etc.

What a dude.

4. kelseyleigh

Trusted Supporter

This makes me more excited for my show.

I've seen them a few times in the last few years at amphitheaters and it was great but I feel like a theater show will be awesome.

Aregala likes this.
  5. kelseyleigh

Trusted Supporter

For anyone who has been to a show on this tour so far, what were set times?

6. Staypositive83

Regular Supporter

Hey, just wondering if you remember what time Dashboard went on? Thanks!

7. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

8. Staypositive83

Regular Supporter

Dude from All American Rejects is currently having a Puddle of Mudd moment..unless it's his schtick. Made fun of Dashboard, the venue, and a ton of talk about his dick. They should really call it quits. Feel bad for the other guys in the band.

9. DarkestDayOfMan

Trusted

I think it's just his schtick. Couldn't tell you from experience, but from what I've heard from others it's been that way since the beginning.

10. Staypositive83

Regular Supporter

Dashboard killed it. Chris is always just so energetic and genuine. He wore a t-shirt of a local vegan bakery and gave them a shout out.

The band is also great. Benjamin Hommola on drums (Bad Books and ex Manchester). I never realized that their long time bassist was in the Promise Ring. Crazy.

I love how they re-arrange the old songs and keep them fresh. Their
    current version of "Again I Go Unoticed" is great. The two new songs sound good as well. Maybe something will get released.

As I said earlier...All American Rejects were just terrible. I wish Chris would just play slightly smaller venues with one or two good support acts.

Social Animals and are Maine both played tonight. We missed them but they must have very short sets. Show started at 7 and AAR were on when we got there at 8:15. Show was over by 11.

11. fowruok Jul 30, 2017
    (Last edited: Jul 30, 2017)
    fowruok

Trusted Supporter

I'll second everything here. Dashboard was tremendous, and I had no idea their bassist was in The Promise Ring, either. The second new song, in particular, was terrific. Chris looks and sounds the same as he did when I first saw him sixteen years ago. And he's one of the most genuine people in music.

As said above, it's always been Tyson Ritter's shtick -- he's been doing that since I first saw them back in 2003(?). I thought they were pretty bad tonight, too, but other a handful of singles, I haven't liked anything they've done since the first album anyway.

I also got there at 8:15, but I think they started the show early at around 6:30 -- don't know how else they would have crammed in two other acts. My best guess for set times would be:

6:30-7:00 Social Animals
    7:15-7:45 The Maine
    8:00-9:00 All American Rejects
    9:25-10:30 Dashboard Confessional

However, I could be wrong about the first two.

Also, the show was pretty well attended, but I think it emptied out a little bit after AAR. The Groupon deal for $25 definitely helped.

12. lifestartsmusic

Back For A (Not So) Limited Time Prestigious

Anyone have an idea on what set times are going to be like for the Philly show? Tour poster has The Maine listed but Ticketmaster has both The Social Animals & The Maine opening.

13. heymattrick

Sending my love

I'm not sure about set times but I have noticed Tyson has been tweeting AAR's set time for every show.

14. Staypositive83

Regular Supporter

In Bethlehem it was likely as follows

7:00-7:20: Social Animals
    7:30-7:50: The Maine
    8:15-9:00: AAR
    9:30-10:45: Dashboard Confessional

15. Mister Lyrical

Forging Clarity Supporter

Anyone want a ticket for this tonight, my girlfriend got called in tonight so I have an extra. $10. PM me and we can either meet at the venue or Venmo/Email it out.

16. MysteryKnight

Prestigious Prestigious

Went to the show last night and had a blast. My ticket said the show started at 7 but it started earlier than that. We got there a little after 7 and missed the first few songs from The Maine, otherwise they were good. We got all the way up to 3rd row on the right side of the stage so that was cool. Everyone was saying AAR was terrible live, but I actually found them to be really good. They sounded great and were pretty funny too. I only know a few songs by Dashboard so after a few songs in we left the crowd and bought some merch, then watched from a far. They were still really good though.