Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Dashboard Confessional / The All-American Rejects / The Social Animals / The Maine Tour • Page 4

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by kidinthebushes, Apr 10, 2017.

1. TMS2787

Trusted

2. kidinthebushes

Trusted

I was just making an observation. Calm down.

3. estacey99

Oh yeah, oh yeah, everything is terrible.

kidinthebushes likes this.
  4. kidinthebushes May 8, 2017
    (Last edited: May 8, 2017)
    kidinthebushes

Trusted

Now that I know The Maine is definitely playing the Chicago date, I think I might have to go.

5. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah with The Maine playing I'm probably down for Columbus

6. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Yep if the Maine is opening at Ravinia, that pushes this from being something I wanted to go to, to something I have to go to. I'm still skeptical though. The Maine haven't posted it on their tour dates yet, so until I see them confirm it, I'm not sure.

7. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

Hoping to catch one of these dates. Still need to see Dashboard live.

8. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

9. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I'm confused, but even Dashboard's tour dates don't show the Maine at Ravinia. I don't think they're playing the Chicago date.

10. m32137

Regular

Bummed no Florida dates.

11. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

The Maine's last show is 8/13 in Charlotte.

mattfreaksmeout likes this.
  12. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

They aren't. Their last day on the tour is 8/13, and Ravinia is 8/15.

13. kidinthebushes

Trusted

I just saw their Facebook post. If they don't end up playing, I'll pass since it is on a Tuesday.

14. michael_gatto

Trusted

I love that Philly gets The Maine, stoked to see them again so soon.

15. Tom

It's way too late, or much too early Prestigious

Festival Pier wooooo

michael_gatto likes this.
  16. Phil507

Resident NYC snob Supporter

Cool tour. My mid-00's emo nostalgia has run out (and i'm turning 34 in Nov) so think this is a pass for me but I'm sure everyone who attends will have a great time. Glad they finally got the venue sizes right as opposed to the TBS/DC tour last year.

17. manoverboard365

Trusted

Seriously though how many tours is Dashboard gonna do without releasing a friggin album? Their "comeback" has included a 2015 ampitheater tour with 3EB, a 2016 ampitheater tour with TBS, and a 2017 winter club tour. It'd be weird if they dont have new material out by the time this one starts.

18. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

I mean, they did do that EP of covers, though that doesn't really count.

19. eyeamthu1

Hi - just after some advice - I'm from the UK but will be in the US (Vegas) when this tour passes through. Keen to go as I've never seen Dashboard before.... Obviously not used to buying tickets for US shows - so what is my best option in terms of where to purchase tickets? I've gone through the Ticketmaster pre-sale and the tickets are $73 for standing, but when you add on all fees and some ludicrous service charges, it's coming to basically $100. Which compared with what I'm used to seems nuts -- is that really 'the standard' kind of price for this sort of show, or are there any other sales platforms which don't charge the crazy fees?

Just that in the UK, honestly, I've bought tickets for the likes of Blink and Green Day in the last few months, with them playing 20,000 capacity venues, and tickets are WAY cheaper than that. Is this just an expensive tour? Vegas price hikes? Or is this standard, and maybe we just have it good in the UK! Was just expecting the ticket price to be about 60% of what it actually is! Thanks!

20. kidinthebushes

Trusted

That's nuts. Ticketmaster is never cheap but $97.95 after taxes and fees for this show is insane.

21. manoverboard365

Trusted

Its cuz its Vegas. Tickets and fees are probably much lower in other cities.

22. Behind the Barricade

https://www.behindthecade.com

I'd go the day of since I doubt this will sell out in Vegas. If Not, there's always stubhub.

23. eyeamthu1

Ok thanks all - glad this isn't the norm! :P
    I'll skip buying tickets til nearer the time then, and see if I can pick them up cheaper without fees on the day or something. Thanks!

24. HelloThisIsDog

Trusted

From my experience, the closer to show date to buy second-hand tickets, the cheaper. People who have changes of plans or can't go anymore will let their tickets go for less than face value. If nothing on stubhub, check craigslist, and worse case scenario, find some message boards.

25. Johnny

Hey I ordered tickets from my phone and hit the wrong date so I might have two tickets for the Columbus date if you want them let me know..

JaytotheGee likes this.