Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Dashboard Confessional Talks New Music

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Feb 7, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Chris Carrabba talked with Billboard about the upcoming Dashboard Confessional album:

“It’s probably not savvy to say this, but I’ve begun to admit that I like my older records better — and I know why,” he explains. “As time went on, people came along with good and different ideas, and one thing I kept hearing a lot is that lyrics don’t matter — and I think I’m not the right guy to say that to. They might be completely right, but that’s why I write songs. So this (upcoming) record, to me, is very much like the first three and a half records, where it’s just like — I have something to say, not just a nice thing to sing.”

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  2. chcougar1

Trusted

Is this thing ever coming out?!

Spencer Rhoton and CMilliken like this.
  3. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

They played three new ones when I saw them a few weeks ago. Two were ones which have been floating around the internet for awhile. The other really reminded me of TBS lol.

4. Ryan

Might be Spider-Man...

Hmmmm.....as someone who's liked everything he's done, this is disheartening. Dusk and Summer, Alter The Ending, The Shade of Poison Trees, are all quality albums.

5. efp722

Regular

True, but Dashboard records before that were better. This is starting to peak my interest.

truelovewaits likes this.
  6. Ryan

Might be Spider-Man...

Places is my least favorite record of theirs....Theres some great songs on it, but as a cohesive record I think it's not anything special. Alter The Ending is far better as a record imho.

7. Kingjohn_654

Longtime Sunshine Prestigious

Is there a release date yet?

8. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

So excited for this. It's been way too long.

9. blacktaxi2d

"pique my interest"

i got you man

Luroda and efp722 like this.
  10. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

The best three Dashboard records are the electric records, so I'm not sure how I feel about this statement.

11. chcougar1

Trusted

The most raw and emotional albums are the early ones. The ones with the best production and overall sound are the newer ones.

truelovewaits and Luroda like this.
  12. efp722

Regular

You know, it's been a long ass week. I fucking love you. I'm not even gonna edit my post to correct it. I messed up. You came in and saved the day. I want everyone here to see that. Cheers.

13. Jared Luttrell

Regular

Everyone seems to think their personal opinion on best Dashboard albums is fact. I personally enjoyed all of them for the most part, there's no one album I come back to more than the others but I don't listen to Alter the Ending or Poison Trees much.

14. jakeryandesigns

That's just like, your opinion man...

15. efp722

Regular

16. blacktaxi2d

ily more

efp722 likes this.