Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Dashboard Confessional Releases New Acoustic Versions of Three Albums

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jun 21, 2019.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. CMilliken

Trusted

Here for this! Dusk And Summer is my favorite by Dashboard. All three are really enjoyable.

Analog Drummer likes this.
  3. Ryan

Might be Spider-Man...

Dusk & Summer is probably gonna kill me. I know a lot of DC fans don’t like it because it’s them being more “poppy” I guess, but it’s prob my fav from him

duritzfan13 likes this.
  4. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

Isn’t there already an acoustic version of Alter the Ending?

5. Oskarr

Needled 24/7

This is cool. Will listen later.

6. Bayside 182

Wolverine Supporter

I thought this would be awesome but don't love his voice on these, still not terrible.

7. Jared Luttrell

Regular

Pretty awesome. I don't know if I could listen to a whole album in one sitting but i'm like that with a lot of acoustic stuff. This version of Hands Down and Vindicated are really cool though and it's awesome hearing acoustic versions of all the A Mark A Mission songs.

8. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

Very cool to hear their best song acoustically.

9. punkzilla84

Stocked for this!

10. zachmacD

Trusted

What happened to his voice? I was playing rapid hope loss and my girlfriend said “oh god, make it stop”

11. mmhmm Jun 22, 2019
    (Last edited: Jun 22, 2019)
    mmhmm

Trusted Prestigious

My first thought too and then I listened to the new one and it is a different recording with different instrumentation and new versions. Which is kinda cool he did a second version, I'd say.

Edit: dang I love these new versions. They're way stripped back and chill.

12. KyleAtGalaxy

Regular

That version of So Long is outstanding

13. IbanezRX

I only listened to “a mark, a mission...” so far and ugh. His voice sounds like he sucked down an entire pack of cowboy killers before recording...

Analog Drummer and zachmacD like this.
  14. chcougar1

Trusted

I mean I don’t really know anything about how singers’ voices go over time but after 20+ years of belting out high notes I’m sure that has contributed to what we hear now.

SuNDaYSTaR likes this.
  15. efp722

Regular

I was always under the impression that the acoustic disc from ATE Deluxe edition was just alt takes of the Disc 1 tracks, which is main vox track backed with an acoustic guitar. They always sounded identical and it was always a turn off since it sounded like was either pandering to his fans or the studio was like yes we need this and just did it themselves.

mmhmm likes this.
  16. somethingliketj

And that's why you always leave a note.

Woof.

17. mmhmm

Trusted Prestigious

That's exactly what it was and that's why I never really liked it. Felt unnatural. This version feels right.