Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Dashboard Confessional - Crooked Shadows (February 9, 2018) Album • Page 4

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by iCarly Rae Jepsen, Nov 15, 2017.

1. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

For some reason I had you blocked... I don’t know why ha

Contender likes this.
  2. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Gonna fall asleep to the Unplugged album tonight.

3. duritzfan13

all we have is time

Honestly they’re all equally important to me for different reasons, except “Shade...”

There’s a few good songs on there that I go back to but that’s the only record in their catalog that I don’t have much of a connection with. Some of the songs seem forced IMO.

I’d say Dusk and AMAMABAS are my top two. ATE is probably third, but I’ll have to think about it. It’s hard to rank them on the same scale as the first two records (which I do LOVE)

Craig Manning likes this.
  4. duritzfan13

all we have is time

Haha, those were actually my two favorites on the record for the longest time.

Speaking of underrated songs... I’ve been obsessed with “Currents” lately. Never hear anyone talk about that song.

5. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

Shade is not very good.

duritzfan13 likes this.
  6. duritzfan13

all we have is time

Just realized “Swiss Army..” and “Shade..” are both not on Spotify at the moment.

7. i’m sorry but ATE is absolutely his best vocal work. i mean that big note in the title track? that’s some rafter reaching shit

duritzfan13 and Craig Manning like this.
  8. Lucas27

Trusted

The title track on Shade might be my favorite Dashboard song. It's so simple but so haunting.

Man, I need to go back through his discography. I grew up on Dashboard but for some reason haven't thought to listen for a while.

9. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Shade hit home for me in winter 2012. I specifically remember the day I thought to myself "damn, I can't believe it took me this long to really appreciate this album". Fever Dreams, The Rush, and Widows Peak are the only songs I skip. Little Bombs is one of my favorite Dashboard songs too.

One thing about that album is I wish the original release was a full electric version like AMAMABAS and Dusk and Summer and a DLX version being the acoustic version like ATE was.

10. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

11. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Dusk is my FAV! Reason to Believe and Slow Decay :ok:

12. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Hands down it was the best day you will ever remember

bradsonemanband and Contender like this.
  13. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

Steve, I'm already aware of how wrong you are about this band.

AlwaysEvolving21 and duritzfan13 like this.
  14. Lucas27

Trusted

I do not see what you did there.

15. duritzfan13

all we have is time

16. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Zzzzzzzzzz

17. manoverboard365

Trusted

You skip The Rush and Widows Peak?? Those are two of the best songs on the album!

18. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

I think those are the worst on there haha

19. duritzfan13

all we have is time

I think “The Widow’s Peak” is probably the best on Shade.

teebs41 likes this.
  20. I came around to Shade a few years ago, but haven't gone back to it since it finally clicked with me haha.

21. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

22. Damn, wish that was coming to Utah...

But either way, I'm seeing them tonight!

23. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Probably the most rough I've ever heard him. I love that bridge though.

bradsonemanband likes this.
  24. quietwords

RIP EmoPunkKid28: 2002-2016 Prestigious

He sounded pretty good over the summer, but the winter tour this is exactly what he sounded like in Boston. It was pretty bad. But that’s been most of my recent DC show experiences, tbh

25. Damn! I was thissssss close to going to that. It was free, but it was during my lunch break so I had only 30 minutes. They opened the doors late though and it was FREEZING outside so I ended up waiting for like 10 minutes in line and then went and got food. Haha. But I went to their real show later that night and it RULED.

AlwaysEvolving21 likes this.