Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Dashboard Confessional - Crooked Shadows (February 9, 2018) Album • Page 23

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by iCarly Rae Jepsen, Nov 15, 2017.

1. duritzfan13

all we have is time

Been meaning to check her out! Keep hearing great things. Guess I shall!

2. "Leap Year" is amazing. Check that song out.

duritzfan13 likes this.
  3. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Better Bolivian, lol

4. schackbr

Regular

when did Chris take over Davey Havok's body?

teebs41 likes this.
  5. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

6. quietwords

RIP EmoPunkKid28: 2002-2016 Prestigious

7. quietwords

RIP EmoPunkKid28: 2002-2016 Prestigious

8. manoverboard365

Trusted

On a recent livestream Chris said that he completed the new DC album before lockdown started, but is waiting until things go back to normal before starting the rollout.
    He sounds pretty hyped on it. Mostly all solo acoustic, in the lines of the first two albums.

9. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

That’s fantastic news.

10. BenSmith94

Trusted

Think i mentioned it here previously, but the new song he played when i saw him live 18 months ago was classic Dashboard at its best.

11. aspeedomodel

Cautiously pessimistic Prestigious

I feel like he says he's returning to his roots every release haha. I'll listen, but Crooked Shadows might be my least favorite album of his. Was just so forgettable for me. Hoping he can bring me back with something new.

JamesMichael likes this.
  12. JamesMichael

Software Engineer Prestigious

Last release was definitely more miss than hit. Hoping this one is a true return to form.

13. manoverboard365

Trusted

14. Dog Fish

Mutt

Any time a band/artist says their new material is just like <insert fans' most revered album(s)> I take it with three grains of salt.

irthesteve and bradsonemanband like this.
  15. Yup. Even if he (or any band) did new versions of their earlier/fan fav albums, they would sound and feel very different.

16. Matt Chylak Jul 17, 2020
    (Last edited: Jul 17, 2020)
    Matt Chylak

I can always be better, so I'll always try. Supporter

A coworker and friend of mine just put out his new band's first song. Usually I wouldn't share this kind of stuff, but the arena-era Dashboard vibes were very strong and I think folks here would like it.

GBlades and Crisp X like this.
  17. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Listened to this album while taking my daughter on a stroll.

We Fight, Heartbeat Here, and Just What To Say are great songs. I would love more songs like those.

The title track…..kinda grew on me?

anyways….its still at the bottom for me. They’re not bad songs. I’ve heard way worse. But like…I still get the thought of, “we practically waited a decade for this?”.

I will just never forget how excited I was hearing the Heartbeat Here demo then the official release of We Fight. I was soooo excited for this album after those two songs…..fuck.

irthesteve likes this.
  18. JamesMichael

Software Engineer Prestigious

Chris must be sitting on a few albums worth of material at this point.

19. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

I feel like he’s probably in a good financial position to not to have fro rush out an album a d tour if he doesn’t want to. And good for him to be that position. He said he didn’t want to release his new album until he can tour, so you’re very possibly right he has more songs than just one album because that record was done before his accident.

AlwaysEvolving21 likes this.
  20. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

He definitely does. We got a new song during the livestream and I thought it was pretty good. Hopefully we get another Alter The Ending type of release....full band and a deluxe version with the acoustic versions. That would be fantastic haha.

.K. likes this.
  21. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

That’d be great. His voice works well in both avenues (and maybe that dates back to him doing FSF and DC). I guess with having delayed the album something like could be possible if he wanted to.