Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Dashboard Confessional - Crooked Shadows (February 9, 2018) Album • Page 16

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by iCarly Rae Jepsen, Nov 15, 2017.

1. duritzfan13

all we have is time

Yeah I think in Nashville he did The Good Fight, Vindicated, We Fight, Stolen, Hands Down, Heart Beat Here, and Just What To Say. Maybe Saints and Sailors as well.. can't remember

Spenny likes this.
  2. Man I am glad I am not alone on this. I had his cousin who is playing drums with TF these days sign my vinyl at the show but I thought in the back of my mind "this is weird right? you didn't play on this..." but he was cool and wanted to and who am I to say he can't?

3. duritzfan13

all we have is time

Haha it probably wasn’t his cousin. Chris Kamrada is playing drums for them now. Shawn Zorn was playing for TF. But yeah, I also didn’t know what to say to him since he didn’t play at the show or on the album haha. Think I just said congrats on the new record as a whole. Chris is a killer drummer though

4. Ya Shawn signed my TF vinyl a couple years ago at a TF show at the troubadour. I have no clue who Chris Kamrada is as a person and that’s where DC as a band is a conundrum to me.

5. duritzfan13

all we have is time

Ahh I thought you meant at a recent DC show. Yeah— I would’ve at least hoped for a formal mention of the new members when they first started touring again a few years ago. It was almost like they pretended everything was the same.

David Parke likes this.
  6. manoverboard365

Trusted

I never understood why Chris always refers to Dashboard as a "we." Not just because it's all new guys, but because for the 20 years prior Dashboard has always been referred to as a solo act.

David Parke likes this.
  7. E X A C T L Y! Oh man. It feels good to be understood. haha.

8. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Wow. Was gonna guess between 10-15k. Way off on that one haha.

duritzfan13 likes this.
  9. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Wasn’t John Lefler always a major piece to DC? I thought he’d written a lot of lead guitar parts.

I could be way off. I just remember Chris saying something like that about him at one of Johns last shows with DC.

David Parke likes this.
  10. duritzfan13

all we have is time

Absolutely. He played most of the lead on the later records I'm pretty sure. He was an instrumental part of both the studio and live stuff so I'm kinda disappointed. Mike's drum parts were always super recognizable as well. Not that the new guys don't kill it, but it would've been nice to acknowledge their departure at least

David Parke likes this.
  11. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Part of why I like D&S and ATE is the guitar work. John seems to be all over those songs. I was really bummed to find out he left.

David Parke and duritzfan13 like this.
  12. duritzfan13

all we have is time

Ok just for the record, there is nothing on here that sounds like an "imagine dragons song" and I don't understand why that was brought up numerous times

13. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Yeah idk. I still like this way more than imagine dragons too. And this is eh. Lol.

duritzfan13 likes this.
  14. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

A bit random, but anyone know why the Hands Down video got taken off of youtube?

15. a nice person

Trusted Prestigious

What do you think they were expecting/hoping for in the first week?

16. Matt Chylak

I can always be better, so I'll always try. Supporter

More.

17. quietwords

RIP EmoPunkKid28: 2002-2016 Prestigious

Haven't seen any setlists pop up yet for the tour. Started last week, I think

18. duritzfan13

all we have is time

6k but they still outsold MGMT. I thought they'd do better too.

Anyone know what sales were plus streaming?

19. duritzfan13

all we have is time

Kinda cool that he's playing "Heart Beat Here" after "Hands Down." At the release day show he announced it as a continuation/2nd part of the story to "Hands Down"

David Parke likes this.
  20. just not even nearly as great... haha

21. quietwords

RIP EmoPunkKid28: 2002-2016 Prestigious

bradsonemanband likes this.
  22. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

duritzfan13 and David Parke like this.
  23. Micool1

Trusted Prestigious

Just seen them tonight! The show was great, but I'm sad they don't play any Alter the Ending songs. It's my favourite album of theirs.

24. TedSchmosby

Trusted

I saw them last night. Man, Chris can still sing. He seems like such a sweetheart, too

David Parke likes this.