Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Dashboard Confessional – “May” Video • Page 2

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, May 19, 2016.

1. kylethrash

Good song, not a good performance.

2. CyberInferno

Line below my username Supporter

That was actually painful for me to listen to, sadly enough, as I'm a casual fan. Hopefully the other songs are more appealing.

3. I believe he had work done. I met him at a TF show a year or two ago and had to quadruple check that it was him before I approached him. My wife thinks he plucked his eyebrows weirdly but it's been consistent for a couple years now so I think he did something to his eyes.

4. CyberInferno

Line below my username Supporter

Agreed. The eyes look different to me too.

5. eboo

Don't hate it, Chris writes great love songs.

6. skurt

Sleekest of beaks. So Good.

Did you hear that new song "May" by Single Fork guys.

redwing91007 likes this.
  7. jetsetpaul

I honestly kinda like how thrashed and battered his voice is sounding these days, however I'm not digging the songwriting here as much.

8. TedSchmosby

Trusted

Exactly what I thought. His voice still sounds good, but the song is kind of cheesy, and not in that endearing Dashboard way. I'd rather listen to "Warmth of the Sand" to hear a time of year declaration.

9. CheapPop

Regular

Not really digging it. Sounds too much like TF for me.

Brandon Allin likes this.
  10. Kizwiz

Regular

Couldn't get past how he's singing 'May'. Love the old stuff but this is a miss, imo.

11. LukeColdBlue

"I can't believe I ate the whole thing",

I'm definitely a huge Dashboard fan, but this song is garbage.

Brandon Allin likes this.
  12. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

Man he's aged.

He'd have the American Idol judges stop him 20 seconds in with that rendition... so sad. Was so excited to hear new DC.

13. skurt

Sleekest of beaks. So Good.

If this is representative of the new album I will probably just pass on it.

14. crunchprank

crunchprank.net Prestigious

I'll be honest, I haven't followed DC since Swiss Army. What happened to Chris' voice? Did he damage something or have a recent operation / problem?

15. jorbjorb

7 rings

Eek. That was very bad.

16. Honeymagnolia

Regular Supporter

I love Dashboard but I am with the majority on this one I wish he released a studio version first as the cracks in the vocals are a bit irritating.

17. jorbjorb

7 rings

Yeah. You couldn't find a better take? That's bad man.

18. dvdjmskng

The horizon is my home... Supporter

Oh dear. I love Dashboard dearly, and want to be positive about this, but anyone with ears can tell that this is not good.

19. ARo24

Regular

I had to turn it off holy moly. What was that haha?

20. Jared Luttrell

Regular

Weird performance. I saw him last summer in Baltimore on tour with Third Eye Blind and he sounded as incredible as ever. Kinda puzzling decision to release a version of it that sounds like that.

21. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

I feel like he had some sort of vocal issue between his 2006 and 2007 albums, but I can't say for sure.

22. I couldn't get through the whole thing. His voice isn't the same. I'll still give the album a try but my hopes are now very low.

23. duritzfan13

all we have is time

When Chris picks up an acoustic now he gravitates towards playing folky. That's fine. I just think new Dashboard should be full band Dashboard. He can't pretend he has another Swiss Army or Places in him. Hope the full album rolls along the lines of Dusk and Summer and Alter The Ending. From the opening guitar line I thought it wasTwin Forks... the rest of the song you could tell he's trying to blend the two

24. efp722

Regular

Huh.

He looks tired.

25. joey-wan kenobi

Happiness is a warm gun mama

not sure why either, but yeah.. noticed this a few months back and i've been wondering the same. i fell back on the "must be a new haircut" explanation. haha