Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Dashboard Confessional – “KindaYeahSorta” • Page 3

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Aug 3, 2018.

1. jeff.dart

Regular

As I recall, most of the people who had written him off were checked out by then, myself included. Though I could be misremebering things.

I never thought he "sold out" though, I just lost interest in what he was going for by the time a mark came out.

2. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

I love A Mark. I've listened to Dusk and Summer probably 5 times

3. Analog Drummer Aug 5, 2018
    (Last edited: Aug 5, 2018)
    Analog Drummer

Regular

Horrendous. The dashboard variants between best and worst songs in his latest cycle has been extraordinary. He is very confused what DC is these days

I actually really liked his attempt at being Chainsmokers rip off with Cash Cash song. That was catchy as

4. Connor

we're all a bunch of weirdos on a quest to belong Prestigious

I remember when the second one came out people were pissed that it wasn’t just him and the guitar, then the next one came out and people were pissed it had electric guitars... people are always mad at Chris for something.

5. ReginaPhilange

Trusted Prestigious

I think about this a lot - if half the songs I loved as a kid came out now would I still like them? Probably not. I think that's even barring cultural taste differences from now and from 10-15 years ago.

I'm one of those (I guess weird/rare) people that loved Poison Trees but didn't like Alter the Ending so I'm not really gonna come in here to bash the song lol, I kinda tapped out of Dashboard after AtE.

6. Ska Senanake

Trusted

Kind yeah sorta bad... ey

7. heneedssomemilk

not a fan of this.. the way he keeps repeating "ey" annoys me.. and i don't like the lyrics of the main chorus at all

8. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

How can he be confused about what something he created is? Good or bad, Dashboard is anything and everything that he chooses it to be.

theasteriskera, FTank and duritzfan13 like this.
  9. CyberInferno

Line below my username Supporter

If people on here will call (old) 5SOS pop-punk, this definitely falls in that category.

10. Analog Drummer

Regular

He doesn’t know what style he wants to do obviously

11. TedSchmosby

Trusted

He wants to do a bunch of different styles

Connor likes this.
  12. Analog Drummer

Regular

Well it appears to be shite

13. duritzfan13

all we have is time

Well a lot of kids on the FBR YouTube page seem to like it, so if it succeeds in introducing a new generation to Dashboard then I'd consider the song a success regardless of what all the old school snobs think haha

14. morte

Regular

Hahaha am I the only one enjoying this?
    It will not change my life, but maybe makes my summer a bit more fun.

15. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

One, how much a song appeals to you, or even how good it actually is, has nothing to do if he knows what he wants to do.

Two, even if he doesn't have a set idea of what direction he wants to go (which is common for any artist or band that doesn't still w/ one rigid sound forever), that's still Dashboard because he defines Dashboard.

16. The Format

Regular

I don't usually hate on music but this is pretty rough. The early stuff was great. Swiss Army Romance, The Places You Have Come To Fear The Most, the first three EP's.

Bet he's still making good money though

17. duritzfan13

all we have is time

At first I was conflicted but I keep finding it stuck in my head which just makes me keep listening to it haha

18. earthlight

Trusted Supporter

Jeez........

19. CyberInferno

Line below my username Supporter

I will say that this song is super catchy regardless of what you think about it (I'm kind of indifferent). I've had it stuck in my head for days.

duritzfan13 likes this.
  20. SundayDrive555

so is chlamydia

Analog Drummer and earthlight like this.
  21. chilllll

Regular

aye does anyone know why tf dashboard confessional seems to be completely wiping proof of their shades of poison trees album? cant find it on spotify or anything... weird!!

22. Arry

it was all a dream Prestigious

stuck in a room for 24 hours:
    would you rather listen to this song or the new plain white t song

earthlight likes this.
  23. duritzfan13

all we have is time

also swiss army romance & so impossible ep

24. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

An under rated troll post. The amount of people who got confused over this is great.

25. SuNDaYSTaR

Regular Prestigious

That album has Built This Pool and Brohemian Rhapsody on it.