Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Daryl Palumbo Talks Third Head Automatica Album

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jun 22, 2020.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Daryl Palumbo of Head Automatica and Glassjaw talked with Alt Press about the third Head Automatica that never was:

You couldn’t get masters. Maybe I have wav files of all these Head Automatica tunes, but they’re not… I feel like it’s mixed, but they’re like there’s still things that I feel like we’re gonna be changed. Everything was very up in the air when we parted ways. And that was it. […] You could put out a fucking record of MP3s that you had into the world. A lot of people maybe would never know that. Maybe, I guess I could. I don’t think I’m on their radar enough for anybody to be like “Those are those magical songs we thought we could have made 1 billion.” If they thought they were gonna make a billion dollars, they would have begged me to put out with them over a decade ago.

more

Not all embedded content is displayed here. You can view the original to see embedded videos, tweets, etc.

2. jeff.dart

Regular

Give me this now.

Kingjohn_654 and finnstigator like this.
  3. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

I’ve been bummed for about a decade now over this.

4. DerekIsAGooner

So assuming that this weekend...

After watching some of the live videos of new songs I'm assuming would have made it onto "Swan Damage" I'm starting to realize how much Color Film is in so many ways what "Swan Damage" would have sounded like.

Crisp X likes this.
  5. This will forever be one of my biggest musical what-ifs. Bummed to hear he legit doesn’t even have the masters at this point. I don’t think I’ll ever give up all hope, but hearing that definitely stings.

6. Bartek T.

D'oh! Prestigious

but I'd love to hear it someday ehh ;( ;d

7. BradBradley

Regular

It’s really interesting to learn that Daryl doesn’t seem particularly fond/proud of Popaganda. I still listen to that album pretty regularly. It definitely sounds CLEAN, but I always thought that was his intent. It’s a pretty timeless pop album in my opinion, but I’d definitely love to hear it reworked with the production that he had envisioned.

Kingjohn_654 and mattylikesfilms like this.
  8. Bartek T.

D'oh! Prestigious

Well yeah, I just went back to listen to it after quite a few years - and it's so good!

9. It’s so hard to imagine songs like Graduation Day and Curious were envisioned to have different production at all, haha. Cannot picture those songs sounding any different

surgerone and BradBradley like this.
  10. Jusscali

Synth-Bop Enthusiast Prestigious

Samesies

11. ManchesterOrch8

Motel. Money. Murder. Madness.

There were so many AP ‘Swan Damage is coming’ type news posts back in the day.

I think it’ll come out.

12. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

That tour they were on with TBS/AVA was so fun.

Kingjohn_654 and trevorshmevor like this.
  13. meekers

Omg please release it

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  14. snaps

Regular Supporter

Kingjohn_654 likes this.