Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Dark Souls 3 Video Game • Page 5

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Cameron, Apr 9, 2016.

1. Expanse

The story in Bloodborne was more at the forefront than here. It helped get my bearings a bit more.

2. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

I felt the opposite. Bloodborne didn't even have an opening cinematic.

3. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

Agreed. Early game is very linear and sequential, and then starts branching off after the third or fourth boss a bit. Especially compared to Dark Souls 1, where you can go 3 very different paths right from the start.

4. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Lol yeah it did. When your in the clinic the dude is setting you up to get your blood transfusion.

Or did you mean a opening cgi cutscene?

5. SpyKi

Yeah, one that sets up the story with some background. The blood transfusion was basically an opening cut scene but it hardly gave an introduction to the story or really explained anything.

Cameron likes this.
  6. Expanse

The first thing you do is die and go to the Hunters Dream.

7. thesinkingship

D.Va 1 Bad Guys 0

The L.C. boss. Didn't get to play much today but I will probably finish the game tonight or tomorrow sometime.

EDIT: I was supposed to be responding to SpyKi about the boss I'm currently at.

This might become my favorite SoulsBorne game. I'll have to play it a few times more though. It took about three playthroughs before I realized just how much I was in love with Bloodborne.

8. thesinkingship

D.Va 1 Bad Guys 0

Man this boss is annoying me. Keep getting it down to like 10-15% and die from stupid stuff

9. thischarmingman

tweets: @lamebandguy Prestigious

i can finally join this thread!! my copy got here today and my gf went to a conference. DARK SOULS AND NO FRIENDS ALL WEEKEND BABYYY

GooberSandwich and SpyKi like this.
  10. SpyKi

I've only just beat it and I still have some secret shit to do and I want to dig into the lore stuff but so far I'd say I like it more than DS2 but not as much as the first or Bloodborne. That said I think it's fantastic.

11. SpyKi

this happened to me so many times in this game. Usually because I was getting too greedy at the end with my hits.

12. Have barely had the chance to play, only have like 3 hours currently, but the difficulty is so perfect for me right now. Took me about 10 tries to beat Iudex, just enough to get that feeling of "wow, I did it, I'm the best" but not too many to rage quit hahaha.

13. thesinkingship Apr 15, 2016
    (Last edited: Apr 15, 2016)
    thesinkingship

D.Va 1 Bad Guys 0

Pretty sure I'm facing the hardest boss in any souls game right now.

EDIT: And he's down.

14. thesinkingship

D.Va 1 Bad Guys 0

Just finished the game. It was an amazing trip. Can't wait to dive in again and find things I missed. I'll have to spend some more time on it before I decide if I like at much or more than Bloodborne. But I can say it is my favorite DS game.

15. SpyKi

Which one?

16. thesinkingship

D.Va 1 Bad Guys 0

The one with the initials NK. He's a hidden boss you get to by using an emote.

17. SpyKi

That's what I'm against now, ha.

18. SpyKi

Fuck this boss.

19. SpyKi

Beat him finally with 0 estus left. Had to use an ember to heal at the last second.

20. thischarmingman

tweets: @lamebandguy Prestigious

I miss bloodborne quickstep so much

21. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Ok the crystal sage fight is fucking stupid. I keep getting bad people with me, and the stupid clones she summons are cheap. Other than that it's an extremely easy fight so it's frustrating.

22. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Got 'er

23. chris

Trusted Supporter

going to be the first night I can really get into this since I picked it up on Tuesday, and even then I had only just gotten to the High Wall. So pumped

24. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Bought the key that the lady at the shrine sells to gain access to the tower behind the shrine.

25. I can get VoBV down to about half HP without taking a hit, then that charge attack totally fucks me up. I love this game hahaha.