Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Dark Souls 3 Video Game • Page 3

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Cameron, Apr 9, 2016.

1. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

the invasions in most areas I've played are just too much. I fucking love PVP and especially invasions (though obviously prefer to be the invader) but it's just constant, I'm not even to the area you're talking about SpyKi.

I will say I've had good luck though, I think I've only lost one fight. But it's made me backtrack to refill my estus a whole bunch

2. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

Stamina has been a problem for me too. Not sure how to balance this in bossfights....cant attack for shit after dodging attacks.

3. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

It's not about pure difficulty, it's about changing the way/style that you play....even though its an action game, you must be strategic and methodical in your actions instead of just mashing attack. If you have good timing, you'll beat it.

4. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

Second half of this boss is ridiculous. It's the first boss I've had serious trouble with and it's just destroying me.

5. chris

Trusted Supporter

Yeah def played too much Bloodborne. I stay dodge rolling like I forgot I'm carrying a shield or something

6. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

just keep going no shield? Two hand and dodge bby!

7. chris

Trusted Supporter

I like the shield when I use it (still kinda suck at parrying), I just forget to when I'm being attacked

8. SpyKi

I've always kind of Bloodborned my way through souls games I just miss the health regen for attacking.

Have to stop for today as my girlfriend's going to bed but I feel like I made some good progress today and finally got to a boss I'm stuck on, haha.

9. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

The lack of health regen is killing me (literally). You get swarmed with enemies in this, which was fine in Bloodborne because you can build your health while you fight, but this is just annoying.

10. chris

Trusted Supporter

I read there's a ring that allows this (or at least something similar)

11. SpyKi

There is but you need the one boss soul I wasted on souls...

12. chris

Trusted Supporter

ah, damn

13. tucah

not champ Prestigious

It's not nearly as useful as the Bloodborne feature, I have the ring but haven't noticed the ability working very frequently or at all.

14. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

Yeah, that ring is pretty useless.

Has anyone done C.o.t.D. aka Cathedral of the Deep yet? It has to be the biggest level in any souls game. I have no fucking idea where to go. I unlocked both short cuts from the bonfire but every where I look there's another 15 paths I can take. I'm losing my mind

15. chris

Trusted Supporter

Yeah I looked up the description of it after I posted that. Prob not something I'll bother with.

16. SpyKi

yeah it's huge, that's where the boss I'm stuck at is but there's also a path that takes you to a completely different area which is where I am now.

17. thesinkingship

D.Va 1 Bad Guys 0

I used a mini-boss soul for souls and missed out on a good ring. I'm mad at myself for that. I made it through that BS area I was talking about. It's a cool area for DS1 fans but damn it is basically two sections of mobs shooting projectiles at you. I like how From Software took all the cheap death tricks from DS2 and amped them up to 10.

I thought the COTD boss was easy. Or maybe I just got lucky. The last boss I did was hard af. Reminded me somewhat of Maria from Bloodborne. If Maria could fucking fly and clone herself.

18. SpyKi

Which area are you referring to that's cool for DS1 fans?

I just can't seem to get a second to do anything once he gets the clone in the second half and all of the attacks start coming twice, especially since my shield can't block all the magic damage and then my stamina runs out from blocking too long or I go to attack the guy and his clone hits me. How did the fight go for you?

19. thesinkingship

D.Va 1 Bad Guys 0

The area is Anor Londo
    I just remember running around and hitting the one I needed to hit mostly.

20. SpyKi

shit, wish I didn't read that spoiler, haha. No idea where you found that though or how I missed it, I've been exploring pretty much everything.

Damn, maybe I'm just unlucky. I'll destroy it tomorrow.

21. SpyKi

also where did you get the Bastard Sword?

22. thesinkingship

D.Va 1 Bad Guys 0

I bought it from the thief guy I'm pretty sure. That or Andre.

Jacob Davidson likes this.
  23. tucah

not champ Prestigious

I definitely found my Bastard Sword very early on, probably the second area?

24. SpyKi

I'm looking for everything and I'm missing so much, haha.

25. tucah

not champ Prestigious

No I'm an idiot, I was thinking Broadsword - you can buy the Bastard Sword from the theif.