Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Dark Souls 3 Video Game • Page 2

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Cameron, Apr 9, 2016.

1. thesinkingship

D.Va 1 Bad Guys 0

Using the Mirrah set, bastard sword and knight shield. I kinda want a different shield but haven't found another 100 block one yet. Can't play for another hour or so and I'm annoyed about it ha. Already seen a couple characters from DS1 and that is neat. There's a really cool little event/quest with one of 'em that I did not expect.

Also, the summoning issues I think is just people being summoned before you can even use their sign so it says "unable to summon". And I haven't noticed being hit stopping my estus from healing me.

2. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

Which boss?

Are we talking boss names/place names in this thread? If not I beat my fourth boss and got through another area before I had to come off because my girlfriend's going to bed.

3. Jacob Davidson

Regular

Barely watched a trailer and haven't read a review. Just wanting to go at this game completely blind.

4. tucah

not champ Prestigious

Crystal Sage, it felt like I had only been wandering around for 20-30 minutes before I found the boss, the area felt small. The area's really expansive, I just happened to take a pretty straight path right to the boss.

5. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

I say just spoiler tag bosses/locations/npc's to be safe.

6. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

Seriously FUCK Crucifixtion Woods. A thousand enemies some with endless stamina constant invasions overpowered NPCs gank squad and it's just ugly. Feels like it should be in Dark Souls 2.

Though I did have an absolutely absurd ~20 minute PVP battle royale. Every time we killed an invader, another would show up, every time a summon died, another would arrive (blue sentinels) all while a big fucking crab was attacking. It was madness.

7. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

I collected so many souls, and stupidly started the second boss fight when I should have went back to level up really quick. I also accidentally rested at the bonfire when I respawned. Are my souls gone now?

8. tucah

not champ Prestigious

Nope, you can rest, you just can't die again.

9. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Awesome ok

10. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Beat the second boss B-)

Jacob Davidson likes this.
  11. chris

Trusted Supporter

Didn't get too far tonight. Beat that big crystal beast near the start pretty easily so I was feeling like hot shit when I got to boss #1, only he completely destroyed me. Got him on the second attempt tho.

12. Regards

Formerly: Regards

Just throwing my name in the mix. Game is so good so far. Life responsibilities are going to make it difficult to keep up with a lot of you probably so I'll probably just stay away from the thread so I don't get spoiled too much.

13. SpyKi

this game is already so much more aesthetically pleasing than Dark Souls 2. I'm loving the enemy/location designs and I love that the game has a distinct look and feel despite borrowing so much from both the original Dark Souls and taking some inspiration from Bloodborne.

14. SpyKi

I LOVE getting shortcuts in these games.

15. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

Shortcuts are the best. I'm on the 3rd boss. Tree balls guy.

16. Jacob Davidson

Regular

Anyone else having trouble using Bloodborne controls for this game? I played it for so long I forgot that DS was a lot more about patience rather than balls to the wall attacking

17. chris

Trusted Supporter

Yeah I've been a bit foolhardy I guess. Forgot I couldn't quick strafe while locked on to enemies a couple times and got wrecked.

Jacob Davidson likes this.
  18. Jacob Davidson

Regular

Yup lol I keep double rolling and it takes most my stamina.

19. Derek

Get stung

I want to buy this game but I know im not good enough at videogames to play it. I'll just get discouraged and give up.

20. chris

Trusted Supporter

haha exactly! Also the 3 starting BB weapons had the advantage of putting some distance between you and the enemy but playing as a knight and using the longsword currently doesn't really afford that

21. thesinkingship

D.Va 1 Bad Guys 0

There's an area about midway through the game that players will recognize. And it is the most fucking bullshit area in any souls game I've ever fucking played. Constant, constant PvP OR NPC invasion and powerful enemies.

22. SpyKi

Do I have invasion turned off or something? I've never been invaded.

23. thesinkingship

D.Va 1 Bad Guys 0

There is no option to turn invasions off. Not sure how far you are but there are certainly several NPC invasions as well.

24. SpyKi

City after the catacombs.

25. thesinkingship

D.Va 1 Bad Guys 0

Mmmm, strange. You can change matchmaking to cross region which will probably see an increase in summon/invasion possibility. Also being embered.