Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Dark Souls 3 Video Game

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Cameron, Apr 9, 2016.

1. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Get Guuuud:devil::demon:O:-):scream:

2. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

yo I am prepared to die.

3. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

2 hard 4 me

4. tucah

not champ Prestigious

Very, very excited.

5. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

The one review I saw mentioned how magic casting is kinda not as effective this time around. Stating that melee focused characters are a must. Not sure if it's true or not obviously.

6. SpyKi

yo these "reviews" are getting me hyped as shit.

Cameron likes this.
  7. The wait for this game is killing me. I don't feel like playing anything else.

Cameron likes this.
  8. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

Tomorrow! Can't fucking wait. Going in almost completely blind, gona be wild

9. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Made my character, beat the first boss, leveled up, and lit the main bonfire for the hunters dream/majula area. Pretty successful first 10 minutes of the game. Need to go to bed for work tomorrow ugh. Granted the first boss was really easy. Made a herald class.

10. thesinkingship

D.Va 1 Bad Guys 0

I started a magic character but I might make a knight one to play with. The way enemies move makes casting magic a bit more difficult as they get up in your face quicker and casting takes time.

11. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Loving the feel of combat. I knew going in it would be much faster-paced compared to DS2, but it's also so much more responsive I feel. When do they show you how to use the special weapon moves? I didn't see any tutorial prompt for that. Though the bar for it is full so I'm assuming I can do it at any point. Ugh I need to get off work asap today.

12. SpyKi

There was a thing on the floor at the beginning saying it's L2 when you're two handing a weapon but I have no idea what mine does. He just stands there holding it.

13. tucah

not champ Prestigious

It's hold L2 to ready, then R2 to use.

14. SpyKi

ah, thank you.

Just beat the second boss without even getting hit, lol.

15. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

Just beat the second boss. That first area is fucking DENSE. So many paths and enemies and so little estus haha

16. Signifire

Headphones blaring three stacks Prestigious

Might have to pick this up sooner than later

17. tucah

not champ Prestigious

Two bosses down, just reached a third. As I expected, loving it so far. Some great level design, tons of little areas to explore with branching paths all over the place. The last area in particular was stellar, with a ton of classic souls side-paths looping back around to the main section. Good stuff, can't wait to dive deeper.

18. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

Estus management is the hardest part. I often run out midway through a level and then I'm fucked. It's also VERY annoying that if you get hit while drinking, you won't heal AND it consumed an estus. They need to patch that asap

19. SpyKi

I'm ashamed at how many tries the third boss has taken me. It's not even hard I just keep getting hit by dumb shit and having 6 estus after being used to 20 blood vials is killing me.

20. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

Has anyone been able to summon? I keep getting "unable to summon phantom" yet I've been invaded.

21. chris

Trusted Supporter

How does combat compare to Bloodborne?

edit: this question is for anyone really, BB is the only iteration of these games I have a lot of familiarity with (other than a little of DS1)

22. SpyKi

It's like a mixture of Bloodborne and Dark Souls. Not quite Bloodborne fast but faster than the souls games. Obviously I think you need to use the shield on this one and there's no health regain for quickly attacking them which I miss, ha.

23. thesinkingship

D.Va 1 Bad Guys 0

Was stuck on 3rd boss for too long. Have like 4.5 hours already.

24. tucah

not champ Prestigious

Beat the third boss, then I was just casually making my way though the next area when BAM, stumble upon another boss much earlier than I was expecting.

25. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

The Dark Souls 1 fan service in this game is unreal. I am fucking giddy. It's almost if they were like "Yeah we agree Dark Souls 2 was pretty shit this is the real sequel."

I've also encountered more NPC's in the first 4 hours of this than the entirety of Bloodborne haha