Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Dark Phoenix (Simon Kinberg; June 7, 2019) Movie • Page 2

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Tim, Nov 14, 2018.

1. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

Pretty sure I'll like this haha

2. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

Think it looks great.

3. TEGCRocco

Assume It's A Bit

The "Why did you make me do that? She was my friend" dialogue at the start felt really bad and I don't know if it's the writing or Turner's delivery or both, but other than that I'm actually pretty excited for this.

4. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

lmao "the death of (SPOILER)"

5. Henry

Moderator Moderator

The second I heard it:

[​IMG]

6. Anthony_

If this thing is anything other than a total trainwreck I'll be impressed. Not expecting much from it, though.

7. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

It's the only thing I really don't like about the trailer (outside of the structure/editing of the trailer itself), but I really don't like it, lol. I'm hoping it's one of those things that works a lot better in context of the film.

I don't want the titular character to have the toughest performance to enjoy, but at least Fassbender is consistently good. And, the brief moment of Scott & Charles talking looks really good.

8. TEGCRocco

Assume It's A Bit

The biggest thing that stuck out to me in this is that it actually seems like Scott will have something to do for the first time in an X-Men movie and that alone sells me on it

Tim likes this.
  9. Anthony_

Tye Sheridan is great

Dinosaurs Dish likes this.
  10. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

Yeah, he's a pretty good actor.

11. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

Can I post this before y'all go to sleep

bradsonemanband and coleslawed like this.
  12. the rural juror

carried in the arms of cheerleaders

13. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

Yeah, but that guy can fuck off.

14. the rural juror

carried in the arms of cheerleaders

Don’t know him, just saw the tweet linked on another site and thought it was funny.

15. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

He’s the type of geek that’s complaining about Brie Larson for wanting diversity. Throw him into a volcano.

16. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

Also, Jennifer Lawrence wanted to stop wearing the paint because of worries that it might have an effect on her overall health. I understand people didn’t like her character become central to the last couple movies, but to call it laziness is stupid.

17. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

I'm used to the Mystique from the comics that has no fancy skin designs anyway haha

18. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

19. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

Better trailer than the domestic trailer #2 (though I do prefer the domestic decision to simply call the film "Dark Phoenix"). Doesn't show a lot more than prior trailers, but I liked the look at that opening space sequence people were talking about from that convention.

I generally like Jessica Chastain & am bummed that she's one of my biggest question marks, but hopefully she works well in context of the film.

20. Cool poster

[​IMG]

Zilla, coleslawed, justin. and 2 others like this.
  21. Henry

Moderator Moderator

The tested ten minutes of this at a convention and people went apeshit for it. Apparently it was a big action set piece. Not really conducive of the movie itself.

22. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

It looks like Disney’s marketing team made a commercial for us

Davjs likes this.
  23. Davjs

Trusted

That looked cool. I wish it was the only thing I've seen about the movie haha, I'd probably have a better outlook.

24. Mister Lyrical

Forging Clarity Supporter

Really seems like they’re staying away from using X-men in the title, trying to separate the branding for the inevitable reboot from this?

25. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum