Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Dark Phoenix (Simon Kinberg; June 7, 2019) Movie • Page 11

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Tim, Nov 14, 2018.

1. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

It just kinda feels like nothing happens. Or like this should be a part one

2. Kuri44

Weirdly, I enjoyed Dark Phoenix more than Apocalypse. But that’s probably cause i had such high expectations for Apocalypse and such low expectations for Dark Phoenix.. either way, I’d never willingly rewatch either

awakeohsleeper likes this.
  3. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

I think this is the worst X-Men film tbh. It’s just bad in every way.

SpyKi likes this.
  4. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

This is so much better than Apocalypse. Like, that film is a mangled mess of ideas w/ an ugly aesthetic. This one’s shortcomings mostly come down to it feeling about two drafts short of a good movie, but I can actually see all the pieces that could’ve been great (& still weirdly work for me, in a way).

Contender and Jusscali like this.
  5. Jusscali

Synth-Bop Enthusiast Prestigious

Plus that one part where night crawler just smokes a bunch of Bros

Tim likes this.
  6. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

I remember liking Apocalypse more but didn't really like either much. Both try disappointing after how much I loved First Class and DOFP.

7. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

The action in Dark Phoenix in general is pretty dope, imo... except when it isn’t. There’s some ugly Phoenix energy choices towards the end, lol. But, the general aesthetic they’ve got going on is cool.

8. TEGCRocco

Assume It's A Bit

I just don't see how this is the worst X-Men movie when Apocalypse, Origins, and Last Stand are just so irredeemable. This one is a mess at points, yeah, but I feel like it's pretty clear that there's a good movie in here that's bogged down by a script that needed one or two more passes. It's visually and audibly gorgeous (Hans Zimmer's score is just unreal), and pretty much everything after Mystique dies is solid IMO.

joe.boy.fresh. likes this.
  9. Jusscali

Completely agreed

10. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

Apocalypse is one of the worst movies I’ve ever seen in a theater

Jusscali likes this.
  11. Jusscali

Also completely agreed

12. Jusscali