Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Dark (Netflix) TV Show • Page 7

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by stayillogical, Nov 9, 2017.

1. drewinseries

Drew

The casting between the same characters is amazing. I'm able to know who some characters are just by their looks.

2. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

Magnus and Aleksander were the two best I think but Katharina, Bartosz, and Hannah were great as well. Also really impressive how the actors were able to have the same mannerisms, posture, and facial expressions. Noah particularly stood out to me in that regard.

trevorshmevor and Jason Tate like this.
  3. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

Just finished the second season. Wtf is this show. It’s so good.

4. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

Just watched the pilot. I'm definitely into it, but I feel like I'm gonna get lost pretty quickly.

5. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

You probably will! I recommend the family tree for sure.

riotspray likes this.
  6. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah, I already looked at it for the first thread and was a little overwhelmed. I imagine it only gets more involved as the show goes on. I'm looking forward to it though.

EASheartsVinyl likes this.
  7. This was so damn good. One of my favorite things I’ve seen in years. Finished tonight.

what a damn achievement

8. The casting was so good.

waking season likes this.
  9. God damn.

What a show. I can’t get over how incredible this all played out. I want to see it all again.

10. chris

Trusted Supporter

Watched the first 3-4 episodes right after S1 came out and kinda fell off. Restarted tonight and I’m all in

11. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

Started S1 at the beginning of the week and have been watching an episode every day. I think I'm on ep6 now. The tone/atmosphere, cinematography, score/soundtrack, acting... everything really, is on point.

12. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

Onto season 3 now. When a certain someone appeared at the end of the season 2 finale, I screamed at the tv. Idk where this is going

13. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

Wow, what a show. A polished story from beginning to end. I’ll be telling everyone I know to watch this lol.
    Also, if you haven’t, check out darknetflix.io. It’s a cool interactive site with family trees and everything else about the settings and characters.

14. Jusscali

Synth-Bop Enthusiast Prestigious

smowashere likes this.
  15. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

2 episodes left in s1. This show is dope as hell. I'm constantly having to go glance back at the family tree but I'm managing to keep up. Just kind of OCD about not wanting to miss anything.

Jason Tate likes this.
  16. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

I just finished. This was so good. Just fully fleshed out and had a satisfying ending. Just wow.

17. Victor Eremita

Not here. Isn't happening. Supporter

Just finished season 2. Really great so far but that ending... I really hope this isn’t going off the rails in season 3.

Serenity Now likes this.
  18. Serenity Now

deliver us from e-mail Supporter

I'm working my way through S3 now. Gonna be honest, after the first few episodes, I can'ts hake the feeling that I am being duped by a show that just figured out a clever way to keep a plot going by slightly adjusting things to recycle characters/actors/sets/etc.

Hoping it all works out in the end though

Victor Eremita likes this.
  19. Victor Eremita

Not here. Isn't happening. Supporter

The acting and casting in this show is really excellent.
    Overall, I wouldn’t be doing this show justice by judging it completely after one watch. Seasons 1 and 2 were really great throughout. For pretty much all of season 3 I really thought it was taking on too much by adding in new worlds/dimensions and it was really impacting the story in ways that weren’t making sense to me but they really nailed it with the finale, one of the better finales I can remember. Time travel stories are always hard to pull off and this was as ambitious as I’ve ever seen so there’s going to be little things that don’t make sense, especially after only one viewing. The only thing that really bothered me and sticks with me is the scene where Jonas couldn’t shoot himself with a loaded gun because “time” wouldn’t allow it. That was a little too over the top and cheapens lot of death and near death events in the story imo.

20. chris

Trusted Supporter

Finished S2 tonight, ugh I love this show

21. Serenity Now

deliver us from e-mail Supporter

The podcast Song Exploder has an episode on the theme song for this show: Episode 187: Apparat

The Netflix original series Dark debuted in December 2017. It’s a really mysterious, mind-bending German science fiction show with a unique tone. A big part of that tone is announced every episode with the music in the show’s opening title sequence. It’s the song “Goodbye,” by German electronic artist Apparat, the solo project of Sascha Ring. This song actually came out years ago, on the 2011 Apparat album The Devil’s Walk. Since then, before it was used as the theme song for Dark, it’s been featured in a bunch of films and commercials, and notably, in the Season 4 finale of Breaking Bad.

The final season of Dark just came out last week, so I wanted to find out how the show’s theme music was made. “Goodbye” features vocals from Anja Plaschg, an Austrian artist who makes music under the name Soap&Skin. In this episode, Sascha and Anja break down how the song was created.

smowashere likes this.
  22. stayillogical

Kayak, deed, rotator, noon, racecar, Woo Young-woo Prestigious

I know the exact moment they used the song in that Breaking Bad episode. I've been a fan of Apparat since then.

smowashere likes this.
  23. NitrateDawn

Regular

My brother's been recommending this show to me for a couple years now and I finally got around to it. Just finished the finale and wow... what an incredible show. Really stuck the landing and I'll be thinking about all the paradoxes and time loops for a loooong time

24. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum