Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Dark (Netflix) TV Show • Page 6

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by stayillogical, Nov 9, 2017.

1. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Yes!! I KNEW that would eventually tie back in and break my heart, so when that scene started by the lake I knew she would be killed and put into it. Devastating!

waking season likes this.
  2. Scarecrow Boat

Regular

Wait what?! Wow I completely missed that

EASheartsVinyl and waking season like this.
  3. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

It isn’t mentioned explicitly in the season so it would just have to be on your mind to make the connection.

Scarecrow Boat and waking season like this.
  4. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah I wouldn’t have put it together if I hadn’t just rewatched the first two seasons

5. Scarecrow Boat

Regular

Damn..what a tie in. I can’t believe how much thought and detail they put into 3 seasons of a show. They should’ve let this team do the final seasons of GOT lol (sorry I know that’s a low blow)

6. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Me too! Plus I’ve watched a ton of movies or shows dealing with this sort of story so I’m always on the lookout for lines like that.

I think one of my “biggest” questions left unanswered is how Magnus’s jacket ended up in the alt world. I was so excited that it was hinted at again but then it was never mentioned later and I love the implications of that.

7. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

So I went down the black hoodie rabbit hole and I guess I misjudged exactly what was going on with that so now I’m a little disappointed in myself. I really thought the hair was shorter like Magnus’s in Adam’s world and that it was literally his hoodie traveling worlds to make Hannah suspicious of Ulrich, but on closer rewatch it’s actually longer so it really is just Charlotte’s hair and Ulrich’s hoodie.
    So it’s still definitely an Easter egg meant to parallel something from the first season, but not actually a loose end that I should speculate about meaning something more.

8. Jusscali

Synth-Bop Enthusiast Prestigious

I guess I just wanted more from ulrichs side of things - scumbag or not

9. brothemighty

Trusted

Fuck that guy

10. Jusscali

Synth-Bop Enthusiast Prestigious

Lol

11. He's a huge piece of shit, but I couldn't help but still feel bad for old Ulrich. He ended up seeing both Mikkel and Katharina as an old man, and he couldn't truly reunite with either of them.

12. Serenity Now

deliver us from e-mail Supporter

Just started S2 for the first time. Will catch up by end of next week for sure.

13. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

About to start the last episode, I’m not ready for this to be over

EASheartsVinyl likes this.
  14. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Yeah there are very very few characters that I don’t have any positive feelings for or understanding of how they ended up the way they did. I’m sure I could count them on one hand at this point. Everyone else is somewhere on a spectrum of feeling conflicted about them to loving them entirely.

15. waking season Jul 1, 2020
    (Last edited: Jul 1, 2020)
    waking season

Trusted Prestigious

What an unbelievable show, so happy with how it ended. This is right up there with The Americans and Twin Peaks for me. I teared up when Adam and Eve hugged and when Jonas and Martha saw each other as kids and straight up cried when they faded away at the end. I don’t think a show has ever made me do that. The Nena song at the end was the perfect touch even if Netflix autoplay cut it short for me[\spoiler]

16. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

I wish there were Dark shirts/posters/etc, I’d buy shit in a heartbeat. I hope there’s a physical release at some point.

17. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Yeah I hope it will get a box set, it seems like the kind of show that would be worthy for Netflix to offer. I have more hope of it happening now that they’ve had releases of a few original movies.

18. Scarecrow Boat

Regular

smowashere and waking season like this.
  19. Maverick

Trusted

Finished, incredible. Really carefully crafted show, astounding. Quite the family tree there.

20. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

I think someone mentioned a similar feeling earlier but it really feels like I’ve known these characters for ages despite having started season 1 in October. Just an impeccably thought out show.

trevorshmevor and EASheartsVinyl like this.
  21. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

Despite Ulrich being a shithead in his marriage I really like his character and Oliver Masucci nailed the role

22. Maverick

Trusted

Things I'm left thinking about..

- What was the catalyst for older Claudia to break out of the loop and meet Adam in the future? Was it when she killed her counter-self because she wanted to find out the truth for herself?
    - We see most of the characters die in the cycle, but I guess Ulrich just died sad and alone in the psych ward.
    - That whole scene with Elisabeth, the man in the camper, and Peter trying to save her was freaking INTENSE.
    - The penultimate episode in general was such a nice wrap up of the series, only to finally show us a way out for the finale.
    - I managed to follow this show pretty well, but that family tree is something else. So you're telling me Jonas's father is Michael/Mikkel whose father is Ulrich whose father is Tronte whose mother is Agnes (and apparently his father is the unknown??) and Agnes's parents are Bartosz/Silja whose parents are Regina/Alex Tiedemann and Hannah/Egon and I'll just stop there..
    - I'm also a bit confused about Charlotte. Her daughter is Elisabeth who grows up to have a relationship with Noah and their baby is Charlotte?? Who is stolen by future Elisabeth and future Charlotte and led to believe they're the two people who leave baby Charlotte to Tannhaus. But Tannhaus also said his granddaughter Charlotte was never found.

smowashere likes this.
  23. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

Just finished the first season. Best show I’ve watched in a while.

24. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

My dad has been generally hilarious to discuss the show with because of how he can’t keep track of people or calls people weird nicknames, but today he finally opened up about his big theories for the entire series and started mentioning the nature of infinity and an outside, godlike influence moving the pieces toward ultimate destiny despite being unseen and unknown to humans and it made my day!! He’s getting so into it now. Some of his thoughts are pretty out there but others are more true and well put than he realizes. It’s the best.

stayillogical and waking season like this.
  25. Maverick

Trusted

smowashere likes this.