Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Dark (Netflix) TV Show • Page 5

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by stayillogical, Nov 9, 2017.

1. Jusscali

Synth-Bop Enthusiast Prestigious

Yeah me too. I split it. There’s def some stuff I’m kinda lost on but I feel like I’ve been following it pretty well.

2. Spoilers through the first 4 eps of S3 to be safe. It all blends together for me, and I'm still wrapping my head around it all. Older Jonas can't remember alt Martha or any of the otherworld stuff it seems, so I'm trying to figure out if something made him forget or if things happening are somehow divergent from the loop. There's all this talk about finding the origin and severing the knot, so I'm guessing everything is still happening as it always has? End of ep 4 had me like :O

waking season likes this.
  3. Maverick

Trusted

Watching tonight! Been rewatching 2 eps a day in preparation, the last few days were eerily the same days in the show (June 21-27 2020)

I’m ready

trevorshmevor likes this.
  4. Scarecrow Boat

Regular

Just watched a 20 minute recap of season 2, diving into season 3. Show is so complex but I love it lol.

5. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

I’m also through four episodes, will finish the rest tomorrow. I’ve called a few developments but others I didn’t really see coming. Spoilers for the rest of my thoughts at the moment.

My biggest question is obviously whether or not there is any hope for this ending well for anyone. I want to believe that somehow the cycle can be broken for real so they aren’t trapped in this torment for all eternity, but I don’t know what that will look like and I’m assuming it will have a terrible cost if it’s even possible. The fact that threes are so important makes me hope for the resolution involving a third world they can create or end up in where the origins of everyone don’t matter and they can just live. But I’m trying to prepare myself emotionally for it to be what it always has been and everyone suffers forever.

I really like seeing the focus on some people that we haven’t spent much time with, like Tronte and Jana. I’m sure getting to know them better will make future watches of the other seasons even harder/better.

I’m afraid of where they’re going in the story of the unknown person who keeps killing everyone. There are a few possibilities that would lessen my enjoyment of the show in a pretty big way, so I’m hoping that doesn’t happen and I’m just being paranoid.

There are a few other aspects I have some concerns about, but they’ll probably need their own post at some point once I’ve finished everything.

I’m trying to figure out if I should be able to guess who Hannah and Egon’s child will be or if it will involve more time nonsense that opens up the possibilities even further. There are certainly a few characters with missing parents, and some of them have a resemblance to Hannah. That’s one plotline I saw coming, except for where Katharina ends up inspiring her own name indirectly, ha.

Also I’m super super curious to find out how Magnus’s jacket ended up in his alt world house. That line from the very first episode has always stood out to me so when Hannah found it I freaked out.

Kind of can’t believe tomorrow I’ll know everything about the story and what questions will be answered. It feels like I’ve been a fan of this for way longer than it’s actually been.

6. Jusscali

Yeah the whole villain thing at the 11th hour is throwing me off a bit unless I missed something. It is interesting they waited so long to focus on some of the other characters. I think that’s why I’m having a harder time - not with the when but with the who lol

7. Jusscali

Just finished 5 - totally lost now hahahaha

8. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

I only have one left and I’m not ready!!

9. I'm on Ep6 They just introduced the concept of the "switch point" which explains the older Jonas not knowing anything about the alt world before. I'm trying to keep up, but I'm def confused about some things ha.

stayillogical likes this.
  10. stayillogical

Kayak, deed, rotator, noon, racecar, Woo Young-woo Prestigious

Two more episodes left. Saving them for tomorrow. This has not been what I expected at all.

11. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

What did you expect?

I have like 30 minutes left and have already had a major existential crisis where I needed to walk around.

waking season likes this.
  12. stayillogical

Didn't expecf Martha to become like the main protagonist. It's pretty darn cool how they parallel her story with Jonas. The whole Adam and Eve thing. Man, I should've rewatched seasons 1 and 2.

waking season and EASheartsVinyl like this.
  13. Jusscali Jun 29, 2020
    (Last edited: Jun 29, 2020)
    Jusscali

I'm so sad it's over. I think it worked great on a macro level WHOOPS

14. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

I would spoiler tag that just in case anyone is here without finishing!

Jusscali likes this.
  15. Jusscali

Shit!

EASheartsVinyl likes this.
  16. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Good news past me, you were right to have hope that the cycle would be broken. Bad news past me, you were also right that the cost would be massive and most of your favorites wouldn’t be able to exist in the new world.

Great ending, absolutely heartbreaking in tons of ways while ultimately being about the happiest we could expect from a show like this. The idea that people like Mikkel and Charlotte and Jonas don't exist hurts so much, but they’ve also been saved immeasurable pain and so so many other people are now free to live their lives in peace without the knot ruining everything.

I kept waiting for someone to have a bigger plan that they were hiding from everyone else, and it turning out to be Claudia was perfect. She’s always been one of my favorites and I love that her love for Regina was strong enough to make this happen. She mirrored Tannhaus’s same incredibly strong desire to save his child and ended up giving him his peace as well by succeeding in her mission.

trevorshmevor, waking season and Joe like this.
  17. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

Got halfway through this last night and I can’t stop thinking about episode 4

18. Jusscali

Shit goes way over the top after Ep 4 lol that was like happy footing time.

Joe likes this.
  19. Scarecrow Boat

Regular

Just finished. I don’t want it to be over :/

waking season and Joe like this.
  20. stayillogical

Finished. What an incredible feat they pulled off in 3 seasons.

21. brothemighty

Trusted

Liked it a lot

Scarecrow Boat and Joe like this.
  22. Finished it. Extremely satisfying, even though I started losing track of certain threads between eps 4-7 haha. This is solidified as a top 10 all time show for me. It's amazing the intricate webs they were able to weave and yet keep everything rooted in very human motivations and desires. For such a huge cast, I thought the performances were consistently good to great across the board.

The family tree for this show is so perplexing now lol.

Also liked that Claudia was the one who knew the most and found the origin. Always liked her character and felt bad for Regina as well.

Last moments between Jonas and Martha (Adam and Eve too) were heartbreaking. Of course this show would make them end the cycle of pain and suffering by erasing their own existence!

Dinner scene at the end was nice to see. The moment with Hannah was kind of haunting, though. Makes you wonder what exactly came to her, whether it's as vague as the apocalypse she described or if she saw more.

"I wonder if anything of us will remain. Or is that what we are? A dream? And we never really existed." Wow.

23. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

The fact that they each remembered seeing the vision in their closets as children tells me a lot about the nature of their existence in the show as a whole. Even though that moment wasn’t part of the knot and cycles, it had always happened and they were always leading to that place and release from the world. It isn’t exactly that they never existed, but that they cease to exist from that moment on. They still are felt in some way by those that were close to them and saved by their sacrifice.

I’ll have to pull up the quote from the elder Tannhaus in the carriage about every life living on forever, because that’s certainly a lot more poignant and beautiful now that we know the full story.

24. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

On episode 5 now and I just got chills when the necklace fell out of Katharina’s hand into the sand while she was being dragged into the lake. This episode is bleak.

Edit: Wait what the fuck Katharina is the dead woman Magnus and Bartosz were trying to scare Martha with fucking hell this show.

25. stayillogical

Mind blown. Keep these connections coming guys.

waking season and EASheartsVinyl like this.