Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Dark Ambient/Noise/Power Electronics/Industrial Genre • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by PauLo, May 9, 2017.

1. Joel

Trusted Prestigious

LOL

THREAD IS OVER THANKS TO EVERYBODY FOR STOPPING BY

cwhit likes this.
  2. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

go on

3. Horrorca

Trusted

to be fair the first comment was "I'd never listen to it"

not

"never listen to something this long and intense in one sitting"

4. Horrorca

Trusted

nope - thanks!

I do love me some (dark) techno I will listen later today or tomorrow!

Joel likes this.
  5. Horrorca

Trusted

btw I think Prurient is superior to Vatican Shadow in all respects

not because of tecno vs. noise, but because P is very unique within the noise realm whereas VS is good but there's a bunch of people doing similar or more interesting stuff

6. cwhit

i can't imagine any time i'd put on like 40 minutes of this and be like "oh okay i'm done i'll come back to this later when i feel like it"

hence why i can't expect to ever listen to this

7. Horrorca

Trusted

as opposed to?

sorry, I just don't follow

do you like any noise music?

8. cwhit

i don't listen often but i can enjoy it?

i don't listen to albums for pieces, i listen to albums for the whole cohesive product. especially for something where everything is part of a story like this, it's most necessary to listen in full and doesn't work out well to only listen to parts

this conversation is stupid, i always forget you consider yourself a better consumer of music than 99.9% of this board

9. Horrorca

Trusted

I don't think it's stupid... I mean... just trying to understand where you're coming from but OK

in another topic... there's a lot of people out there that enjoy listening to mixes or singles or so on...

the "rockist", "one full album at a time" approach is not for everyone or every genre or every occation I feel...

although I do enjoy that as well

amorningofsleep likes this.
  10. cwhit

and i do too? in all those ways? but we're talking about this album

11. Horrorca

Trusted

so...

you can only listen to Prurient one album at a time

but you can't listen to more than 40 mins of Prurient

so if it's a > 40 min Prurient album, then you're not touching it

12. cwhit

jesus fucking christ do you take everything i say entirely literally??

13. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

Might I suggest: who cares?

amorningofsleep and cwhit like this.
  14. Horrorca

Trusted

heh I do

I guess you're just not making any sense but ok...

*goes to random thread just to say "I'll never listen to this" & "how can anyone sit down and enjoy this" [NOT DIRECT QUOTES]

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

15. cwhit

i come in to a thread to an artist i very much respect and have enjoyed before to be curious about what sort of mindset someone has to be in to listen to three hours of it?

16. Joel

Trusted Prestigious

If he doesn't ever want to listen to the full product then odds are this genre is not his favorite which can be said for 99.9% of the population and that doesn't mean he isn't allowed to comment on it

My favorite genre is house and I post about a ton of albums that people don't give a shit about and I don't realistically expect everybody to want to listen to eleven seven-minute house loops - and that's okay? Not sure why this is a personal affront to you

brandon_260 and cwhit like this.
  17. cwhit

gonna do a liveblog earbuds in exclusive of me listening to the entirety of this new prurient album get hyped everyone

Joel likes this.
  18. PauLo

43% Burnt

I'll listen to it in the same way as I listened to the last Kamasi Washington album. Staggered. I love Prurient, but 3 hours is a lot.

Joel and cwhit like this.
  19. amorningofsleep

No-rope barbed wire Jones

Here's a Merzbow song. Now everyone shut up already.

20. Horrorca

Trusted

nothing's a personal affront lol - its the www

you post house because you enjoy it and want to share --> cool

you don't post X just to say you don't want to listen to it --> odd

but it's fine - I was genuinly curious about how cwhit felt about noise and Prurient and I get some "do you take all I say literally" responses - cool

Cody likes this.
  21. Horrorca

Trusted

what's yr fav Merz album?

22. amorningofsleep

No-rope barbed wire Jones

Honestly, I love his colab with Full of Hell.

23. Horrorca

Trusted

haha that's a good one! although it's kind of odd he just threw a bunch of stuff at them to use

did you listen to the bonus disc? Sister Fauna I think... it's heavier on the Merzbow

amorningofsleep likes this.
  24. Joel

Trusted Prestigious

Haha I get that, just feels like you're shocked people wouldn't want to listen to three hours of noise which even as somebody who has followed him since Bermuda Drain seems really fucking exhausting

I don't think your intentions are bad, you just come off more confrontational than you think (I think)

25. Horrorca

Trusted

dude I'm shocked anyone else would want to!! that's why I'm trying to reach outttt haha

I also see you at that Underground Dance thread @Joel (p.s. Iglooghost holy shit) - I just forget to post sometimes

what's yr fav noise album?