Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Daredevil (Netflix) TV Show • Page 8

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 11, 2016.

1. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

Wow looks great. Interesting plot this season.

Has there been a storyline in the comics with an imposter Daredevil that this is basing itself on? Or entirely new concept?

2. primavera

big baller brand Supporter

danny rand (iron fist) in civil war impersonated DD

RyanPm40 likes this.
  3. FlayedManOfSF

Trusted

I'm not some comics expert but I saw this on Twitter earlier.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  4. tvck

Trusted

[​IMG]

5. Dodger

“The greatest teacher, failure is”

Not done with it yet but holy shit Season 2 is batshit fucking crazy and I love it lol it’s just all chaos and no resolution which is forcing me to binge it. I have no idea what’s going on with this Hand shit and the war and immortality and Black Sky but I can’t say I’m not intrigued. 4 more episodes till I’m caught up.

Davjs and Kingjohn_654 like this.
  6. Kingjohn_654

Longtime Sunshine Prestigious

Holy crap. I have the stupidest smile on my face right now.

Letterbomb31 likes this.
  7. fbrrocks

Trusted

so excited for season 3 and i met the cast yesterday mins Vincent cuz he wasn't at event

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  8. Dodger Oct 6, 2018
    (Last edited: Oct 7, 2018)
    Dodger

last few episodes of season 2 didnt move me as much as the rest. Last episode underwhelmed me a tad. I dug all the stuff with Elektra but the Blacksmith reveal, the Hand and Nobu finale came up a little flat for me, especially because of how great everything had been set up to that point. So much seemed to be setting up for the future and we still dont know shit about this immortality thing or blood collecting, or the big hole in the ground. Matt telling Karen didnt feel satisfying to me but maybe its because we probably arent going to get to see her reaction. Idk.

Still loved the season overall, I think season 1 was just more focused and more impactful for me because of it. Pumped for season 3 though.

awakeohsleeper and Kingjohn_654 like this.
  9. Kingjohn_654

Longtime Sunshine Prestigious

Have you seen Defenders yet? Some big DD stuff happens.

10. Dodger Oct 7, 2018
    (Last edited: Oct 7, 2018)
    Dodger

Nah, I just started this MCU TV stuff. Do I have to watch Jessica Jones/Luke Cage/Iron Fist first or can I jump right into it?

Edit: supposedly I do. Damn. Didnt expect I had to watch like 5 seasons to be able to get caught up with daredevil lol

Is there any daredevil connections in Luke cage season 2 or punisher season 1?

11. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

skip both seasons of Iron Fist. Luke Cage s2 has no bearing on Daredevil but it's actually a surprisingly good watch, depending on how you feel about season 1 I guess. JJ2 also has no bearing on Daredevil that I'm aware of. watch Punisher though, both because it's really damn good and because a certain Daredevil character has a decent amount of screentime in it
    basically I'd go JJ1 > LC1 > Punisher > Defenders

12. Dodger

Gotcha. Thanks for he help! Just started JJ.

13. Rowan5215

no worries! only just saw the s3 trailer and I'm so stoked, even if S2 did basically nothing for me. fuck that is a magnificent trailer

14. Season 2 of Iron Fist is actually pretty great.

slimfenix182 likes this.
  15. Fronnyfron

Woke Up Right Handed Prestigious

Yeah honestly if you enjoy DD then the only one you really need to skip is Iron Fist S01

16. Dodger

Yea maybe I’ll just read the season 1 wiki or something.

17. Henry

Moderator Moderator

[​IMG]

18. thesollopsist

Pro Sleeper Prestigious

I really want to catch up with this show but have heard such bad things about S2 that make me not want to

And I have new Better Call Saul to catch up on..

19. tvck

Trusted

IMHO, in comparison to a majority of the Netflix Marvel shows, it's not that bad. I think it suffers from trying to introduce way too much and not really tying things up, or explaining some of the conflicts. Still has top notch action sequences (thought nothing still compares to the hallway fight scene from season 1).

715creeks and Kingjohn_654 like this.
  20. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Damn this comes out tomorrow!?

21. Rowan5215

first episode was great. very slowburn-y, character-focused, long unbroken scenes. potentially even more introspective than S1 was. very excited for the rest now

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  22. zsoty27

"I am the patron saint of lost causes"

3 episodes in, this is going to be great.

RyanPm40 and Kingjohn_654 like this.
  23. Rowan5215

wow this is probably the best season of any of these Netflix shows, fucking phenomenal

24. 715creeks

Meet me in Montauk

Oh boy Episode 4 was really really really good. I think they really outdid themselves this time around

25. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

Daredevil S2 has great pieces but is an awful whole. It's the Iron Man 2 of Marvel Television: following up something good with an unfocused mess that cares too much about setting up other stuff (specifically Defenders & Punisher).

If you wanna watch the new season, just skim Wikipedia or find a recap article or video, and then jump in. All that Hand stuff is better off forgotten tbh.