Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Daredevil (Netflix) TV Show • Page 5

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 11, 2016.

1. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

I just finished it, and the only thing that I didn't love about it was Elodie Yung's shocking attempt at an English accent.

2. Corey Long

Chord & Quill // The Codex Supporter

I've read that it's her real voice. She's studied many places and her accent is reflective of that.

3. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

Ah that makes sense. I still really don't like her accent though lol.

4. Corey Long

Chord & Quill // The Codex Supporter

I'm 6 episodes in and I love it. It does get a bit gratuitous with the violence at times and the fight scenes don't quite sizzle like they did in S1, but I've been having a blast with the show.

5. RobbieBerns

@robbieberns Prestigious

I love her accent. One of the most ambiguous I've ever heard.

6. Guys Named Todd

Regular Prestigious

Overall I'd say this season felt more ambitious with its world-building and making loose ties to Jessica Jones and the other Netflix shows coming out in the future. I can't wait to see where this is all headed. I'd say Netflix >>>> MCU right now.

Raku likes this.
  7. omgrawr

That loneliness is not a function of solitude.

I enjoyed season 2 better than season 1. The dynamic between Punisher and Daredevil was great and I can understand both of their points of view to at least some extent, although I tend to agree with Matt Murdock's non-murderous ways. I'd watch the hell out of a Punisher show.

Between this and Jessica Jones, I think I enjoy the Marvel Netflix shows more than I do the movies.

Oskarr and Raku like this.
  8. morgantayler

Human Typo Prestigious

9. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Finished s2 the other day. A little messy, but overall I enjoyed it.

ramomcferno likes this.
  10. Miss Heartcore

Let's build something Together Prestigious

I just want a Frank Castle "Punisher" spinoff series more than any of the other ones that they're creating/have created.

Letterbomb31 likes this.
  11. Kingjohn_654

Longtime Sunshine Prestigious

I had family in town for a couple weeks and now they're gone I am finally watching the rest of this show. So happy to see Nobu again! He was my favorite part of the first season.

12. danielalee12

Regular

Not too much chatter about the second season. Is it any good/worth checking out?

13. ramomcferno

Mystery is the secret ingredient Prestigious

I would put it on par with the first season.

14. Kingjohn_654

Longtime Sunshine Prestigious

The first half might be even better than the first season. It slows in the second half, but it's still worth watching.

15. Gnarly Charlie

Good guy, but a bad dude

This show really just made me want a Batman TV show. Year one could be a season then various people from his rogues gallery could be the upcoming seasons.

Regardless, this was damn well done and Bernthal as the punisher was fantastic

16. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

You mean besides Gotham?

17. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

Forgot Gotham existed, feel pretty good about that.

Kingjohn_654 and AndrewSoup like this.
  18. Gnarly Charlie

Good guy, but a bad dude

AndrewSoup likes this.
  19. Allpwrtoslaves

Trusted

It's become somewhat satisfying if you've tortured yourself to stay with it this long. It's still really fucking bad, but like guilty pleasure bad.

20. AndrewSoup

It's A Secret To Everyone Prestigious

just finally finished S2 now, lost my interest a few times but i'd say it's mostly pretty good
    i got more invested at times in the side characters more than the main DD story.

honestly, i'd watch a series of Karen as an investigative reporter! and i really do want to see more courthouse scenes, the trial of Punisher with Foggy was one of the best parts.
    i must be growing up because all the ninja stuff just started to seem kinda silly to me.

21. Letterbomb31

Trusted Prestigious

I didn't think the ninja stuff was silly, it was just kinda boring.

AndrewSoup likes this.
  22. AndrewSoup

It's A Secret To Everyone Prestigious

i don't know if it was just my TV settings or the show itself, but so many of the fight scenes were so incredibly dark and poorly lit that it was incredibly frustrating

23. Letterbomb31

Trusted Prestigious

24. razorburn

Trusted

25. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

The ninja plot with Elektra was definitely the weakest part of the season for me. and Foggy being Foggy.