Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Daredevil (Netflix) TV Show • Page 12

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 11, 2016.

1. GBlades

Trusted

Probably has been picked up by the Disney Plus service. Don't see Netflix renewing it for it to end up elsewhere.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  2. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

Wouldn't hold my breath. The Disney streaming projects announced so far are Kevin Feige projects, and the tone of this world isn't really a fit for that platform.

As the door closes on this Netflix world, I'd be down for these characters being reinvented for the movie world. I also wouldn't mind someone from this world playing a part on, say, Agents of SHIELD or Cloak & Dagger.

3. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

Bummer. At least season 3 could be one of the few tv seasons I can see myself watching yearly

4. Allpwrtoslaves

Trusted

Alright so without a doubt Jessica Jones is done too.

thedrudo and Fronnyfron like this.
  5. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

No more Vincent D’Onofrio as Kingpin is depressing.

6. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

There are no more heroes to interact with her world her so her show might as well be done.

7. Henry

Moderator Moderator

what do you mean? Just because the show is dead, doesn't mean the characters are. Look at Constantine in the DC shows. He jumped from a Fox show to the CW without his own show.

8. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

welp there goes the last thing on Netflix I actually cared about, nice

awakeohsleeper likes this.
  9. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

That’s one show. Three shows that share the same universe as Jessica Jones have been canceled and there isn’t any sign of hope that the characters from those three shows will appear in Jessica Jones. If Jessica Jones continues then it might as wel just be her own universe.

Edit: We still have the Punisher but I don’t see Netflix doing much with just those two characters.

10. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

The Punisher and Jessica Jones are next. Either we get PG-13 versions of their shows on Disney+ or get ready for a reboot.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  11. GBlades

Trusted

Just like they did with Luke Cage and Iron Fist, they said they will still appear in future Marvel projects so doubt a reboot is happening .

12. Syre Dream

Regular

So sad about this, Season 3 was so goodd

13. This makes me so sad. I refuse to believe this incarnation of the character is done.

SteveLikesMusic and Letterbomb31 like this.
  14. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

I would love it if they keep the actors (the guy who plays Iron Fist isn’t that great but whatever). It would make little sense to me if they replaced the current people. “Marvel projects” could mean a number of things that are not related to live action shows, though.

15. Tim

That was a pretty vaguely worded statement that could mean anything. And, I remember Mike Colter's reaction feeling a lot more final. Anything's possible in this pop culture climate, but as of right now, I find it safer to assume Punisher S2 & Jessica Jones S3 will mark the end of this little shared universe.

CarpetElf likes this.
  16. GBlades

Trusted

I suppose, I think it'll just be moved to Disney Plus since there is no issues with the actors or anything.

17. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

How can you cancel a show after its best season. I know it's because of the Disney thing but still

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  18. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Couldn't you say that about any show that only lasts one season? ;-)

Davjs and Jake W like this.
  19. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Also, this is very very much because the show was poorly advertised, not talked about, and couldn't retain an audience.

Kingjohn_654, justin. and Tim like this.
  20. Tim

What would Daredevil even look like on Disney Plus?

Think about how that service has been described. Think about the creatives & producers attached to it. Think about the projects announced & rumored so far. Then, picture this show.

Nothing can ever be 100% ruled out in this age of nerd culture, but certain things can be 99% ruled out. Defenders occupies the same space as Agents of SHIELD, Disney Plus occupies the same space as the Avengers, and there are still no signs of migration from Loeb to Feige (in spite of Feige often bleeding into Loeb).

Davjs likes this.
  21. GBlades

Trusted

It is a drastic shift in town from the likes of GOTG, for example, and Daredevil so it would be a pretty different universe if they started to interact (as much as I'd love to see it). Although the likes of Cloak & Dagger and Runaways do have a similar tone of both AoS and Defenders so I guess we won't be able to tell until it actually happens. I can imagine a Heroes for Hire series in this sense already.

22. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Ugh awful news

RyanPm40 likes this.
  23. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

I reaaaally hope we haven’t seen the last of this crew.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  24. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

Only non-netflix marvel show I've got into is Legion so yeah this sucks so much

25. thesollopsist

Pro Sleeper Prestigious

Gutting. Only watched S1 but was eagerly looking to getting back into this show.