Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Daredevil (Netflix) TV Show • Page 11

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 11, 2016.

1. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

Yeah i need a break after this Karen episode yeesh

2. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

Did you finish the episode?

3. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

4 episodes in, really digging this season so far. It has definitely been gripping since the beginning.

I forget, had much been said about Foggy's family and Karen's brother in previous seasons?

I'm forgetting a lot from the earlier stuff. I completely forgot that Fisk sent his girlfriend (or wife??) away for safety

4. BackyardHero11

Trusted

thought this season was fantastic and might be the first marvel Netflix I've watched where I didn't feel like there was filler. Punisher was close

5. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

Foggy definitely mentioned his mother wanting him to be a butcher in the first season. Mostly during the avocados flashback but I think it came up a few times

apparently Karen mentioned her brother somewhere in s2... I honestly have no memory of that whatsoever but I have not revisited that season on grounds of it being quite bad

RyanPm40 and sawhney[rusted]2 like this.
  6. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

Just finished! This was exceptionally good. I didn’t think anything would match DD1 & JJ1 but this was thrilling and brilliant. Very enjoyable.

7. RyanPm40

Lol I feel the same way about S2. Maybe she mentioned it to Frank Castle

8. RyanPm40

Just finished this. Wow, what a great season. Bummed this could be the last, but if it is, it was a great way to end things. Almost wish they didn't have the quick ending shot to Poindexter- it would have made this an even more satisfying ending for me instead of a semi-cliffhanger. Everything came full circle.

awakeohsleeper likes this.
  9. currytheword

Trusted

Deborah Woll aka Karen just came into my shop and bought a hat to tuck her hair into and put on glasses with. Wonder if someone local saw her and called her out haha. Pretty cool thing to happen on a day where i'm tired as ever and am working both jobs.

10. Chuck!

Regular

Should I watch Defenders before S3? Bc I feel like I’ll never get around to that unfortunately

Davjs likes this.
  11. Kingjohn_654

Longtime Sunshine Prestigious

You don't have to. It picks up where Defenders left off, buy they explain it.

Chuck!, RyanPm40 and Davjs like this.
  12. Davjs

Trusted

I would say you most def need to watch Defenders. It's pretty much DD season 2.5 featuring other characters. Stick and the hand play big parts.

currytheword and Chuck! like this.
  13. Nah, more like DDS2 is simultaneously Defenders and Punisher S0.5

14. RyanPm40

The more I think about this season, the more I start to think and realize that this is one of the few Marvel Netflix seasons that actually does a spectacular job at balancing two main villains. Normally there's an issue of just too much bloat, or underdevelopment of one.

For example, LC season 1. Cotton mouth was amazing, but Diamondback was really lacking. Daredevil S2, they were juggling Punisher and The Hand simultaneously and I think that really hurt both "villains" (I know that Punisher is more anti-hero, but they kind of played him as the antagonist in that one).

Maybe it's because Fisk was already established earlier, but him and Poindexter felt very well-developed and balanced well

15. RyanPm40

Nah, unless you don't like spoilers. There was a bit of a cliffhanger in Defenders that they very quickly and barely explain away at the beginning of the season, but otherwise I don't think it matters at all to be honest. It was a pretty forgettable season, I didn't really remember much else for S3 here.

Chuck! likes this.
  16. Pretty sure The Hand was present in DDS1 as well, at least somewhat, with Madame Gao and Nobu I think? But they weren't really the secondary villain to Fisk, much like I don't really consider Dex a secondary villain, just someone whose strings were pulled by Fisk (and someone with whom Matt can have cool fights). At any rate, I agree that they did spend a good amount of time developing Dex (and Fisk) this season.

I do think the most recent season of Agents of Shield fell apart when they tried making Graviton a thing. Granted, for a while each half-season kind of had its own villain, so the conflict of the first half of the season was basically resolved by then, but still, the resurgence of Hydra (and the aliens behind it all) should've been enough of a thing to carry a (half-)season. So yeah, juggling more than one villain is definitely a Marvel thing.[/spoiler]

RyanPm40 likes this.
  17. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Finished season 3 last night. The best one yet, in my opinion. I thought Will Bethel was a great addition to the casting. I'm so happy I'm able to binge this show all at once and not have to wait a week for one episode haha.

awakeohsleeper, Davjs and RyanPm40 like this.
  18. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Was the nun being his mother in the comics?

19. RyanPm40

Yep, I read somewhere she even had the same reason for leaving in the comics, too.

Cameron likes this.
  20. jorbjorb

7 rings

On episode 4. This is very good.

21. Henry

Moderator Moderator

cancelled

22. shit..

23. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

Fuck.

But at least, minus the final scene, the third season works as a series finale.

24. I guess Thanos snapped all the Defenders.

25. Here’s hoping it gets picked back up on the Disney service.