Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Daphne Loves Derby Release Quarantine Song

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, May 12, 2020.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Jason Call of Daphne Loves Derby has taken an old demo from 2006 and finished it. It’s called “Object Permanence” and features guest vocals from Nate from Sherwood.

more

Not all embedded content is displayed here. You can view the original to see embedded videos, tweets, etc.

2. Jusscali

Synth-Bop Enthusiast Prestigious

This was cute...needs more Wolftron lol good god what a record

3. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

[​IMG]

4. benschuyler

Regular Prestigious

This is great! Definitely not giving me the Daphne vibes without Kenny on vocals, but super fun!

Vase Full Of Rocks likes this.
  5. Ska Senanake

Trusted

Just came here to say how much I loved Wolftron. Flesh & Fears was near perfect. 2008-2009 has SO MANY good records from bands that are no longer together. Dear and the Headlights, Apes and Androids, Paper Rival, As Tall as Lions to name a few.

6. metallikunt May 12, 2020
    (Last edited: May 12, 2020)
    metallikunt

I'm in love with the ordinary

Gonna give this a listen tonight. Jason did this with another song a few years back (Horrible Sound) and it was pretty cool. He used some old unused Kenny vocals from a demo to start the song off. I love Jason's vocals but I definitely miss hearing Kenny sing too. He also released the very first DLD purevolume record in FLAC on his bandcamp for those who wanted to revisit those old songs.

He has a lot of really good solo material. You can check it out (along with the above mentioned stuff) at this link:

Jason Call

These guys will forever be in my rotation. Finally had to throw away some old DLD t-shirts that I'd been wearing as PJs during the winters lol. I still hold out hope that they'll get the band back together at some point in the future, but they've all grown up and got families, jobs and lives going on.

7. brothemighty

Trusted

Kenny come baaaaaaaack

8. SuNDaYSTaR

Regular Prestigious

Totally unrelated, but the name of the song reminded me of that clip from The Onion:

9. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

He made a joke post on Instagram where he was playing guitar for his daughters and the caption was "Next stop: House Of Blues Anaheim" or something along those lines and people were freaking out on his comments and he had to be like "I'm so sorry, I was just goofing around."

I remember that DLD, I think specifically Kenny, wasn't happy with how Good Night, Witness Light turned out and I'm wondering if that had a lot to do with stopping. I know they did some songs here and there like "Strawberry Eyes" and "Mare Infinitas", but I think he's so happy with his home life that getting new music from the band as a whole seems unlikely.

It's understandable and I love seeing how happy his family is, but I think DLD had some real special vibes/ energy and sounds so it makes me a sad I'll never get a new album from them.

metallikunt likes this.
  10. They had an album ready in 2010/2011. It's a shame they never put it out.

metallikunt likes this.
  11. battlingaheavyheart

searching for a former clarity

I've been enjoying seeing a bunch of inactive artists doing stuff during quarantine. definitely agree with the wolftron comments!

Vase Full Of Rocks likes this.