Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Daphne Loves Derby – “Rebel’s War”

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Nov 22, 2021.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

Rad song. Jason's been working on new stuff on his Instagram so you can watch him build the songs, it's pretty cool.

Daphne Loves Derby likes this.
  3. billyboatman

Hopelessly Hopeful

Ummm I’m so excited. This is awesome.

4. benschuyler

Regular Prestigious

Mannnn to hear Kenny's voice again. Would love another Daphne record.

5. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

whhhhaatttt a nice surprise

6. jeff.dart

Regular

Is this actually a new song or more from their unfinished last record? I didn’t think Kenny was doing any music anymore.

7. Vase Full Of Rocks Nov 23, 2021
    (Last edited: Nov 29, 2021)
    Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

So I have a bit of an explanation:

The "Exit" album that just came out was a bunch of demos from Kenny that was supposed to be the third Daphne Loves Derby album, but just didn't end up coming together. Jason and the fans compiled all the best versions of those songs they could find and then Jason remastered them a bit so they sounded as good as they could.

Kenny and Jason started talking more about music and DLD as the Exit album and Wolftron album made it to Spotify and everything. Kenny said he would be interested in a new version of "Rebel's War" from the Exit album so Jason recorded all new instruments with the help of some fans/collaborators and reused Kenny's old vocals. They're now working on another song from that Exit album. There are talks of doing new music with Kenny, but nothing concrete as he and Jason both have kids and other jobs.

8. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

This had me listen to On The Strength Of All Convinced. What a nostalgia kick

9. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

People should be getting their vinyls of this soon. There are still some available if interested.

10. brothemighty

Trusted

Good stuff. DLD is Kenny so if getting his blessing to fill out the demos is what it takes, so be it

11. Daphne Loves Derby

Daphne Loves Derby Verified

What did you think about Waking Up? Kenny was involved a bit more in this iteration than Rebel's War. It was fun to chat with him and coordinate on production / arrangement / mixing.

billyboatman likes this.
  12. Daphne Loves Derby

Cray how long ago it all happened.

13. Daphne Loves Derby

How are you leaking all this INSIDER information? COUGH COUGH discord :) You nailed it!

14. Daphne Loves Derby

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  15. Daphne Loves Derby

I'm trying to manifest it into existence :) So far so good

16. benschuyler

Regular Prestigious