Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Danny Brown Band

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by cwhit, Mar 23, 2016.

1. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

XXX and Old are essentials in recent hip hop.

2. Sophos

Regular

xxx and old are modern classics IMHO and he's among my favorite, if not my absolute favorite, of all the rappers ive discovered since 2011. and thats a lot of rappers. but he's incredibly special, his raps showing a very wide range in terms of topics and flows, and his lyrical ability is nearly unmatched by his peers. he's clever, he's deep, and he's introspective but knows how to toss in a party jam here and there to keep the fans thirsty. its clear how much he cares about his craft and not just making a quick buck off a viral single, which is why i imagine its taking so long for the follow up to old to be done. he can take all the time he needs, there's more than enough to chew on from the hybrid, xxx, old and the myriad of features he's done in between. as you can tell, i love this man. he follows me on twitter too because he liked my old review on ap so that's cool as fuck.

ChiliTacos and OotyPa like this.
  3. Sophos

Regular

in case anyone missed it last year, this is the last thing he's released, and if its a taste of what to come i cant fucking WAIT, this song is unreal. so fucking good.

4. cwhit

Really wanna see him live again, he really needs to drop a new record this year. Listened to Old again tonight and it was better than ever

5. Sophos

Regular

ive seen him three times and he's really just amazing live, way better than most rappers ive seen

6. Chaplain Tappman

Trusted Prestigious

i woke up with "dip" stuck in my head and i havent really listened to him all that much since like 2013 lol. it was great. cant wait for the new record.

7. cwhit

I respect/like the first half of Old so much more than I used to. Whole thing is killer

8. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

He's amazing. I've probably had something from Old stuck in my head every other day since it dropped. Probs pretty obvious but 25 Bucks is probably my favorite, followed by Dip.

9. Remind me to tell my QuestLove / Danny Brown story sometime.

10. Sophos

Regular

11. cwhit

good timing

12. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

Tbh I'd never heard of Danny til just now... and he's amazing. Gonna dig into XXX and Old later.

13. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

I Will is the best song about cunnilingus ive ever heard lol

14. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

Hooooooly shiiiiiiiiiiiit

15. cwhit

irthesteve likes this.
  16. bedwettingcosmo

i like bands who can't sing good Supporter

k, lets go danny

17. TheWater(s)

Kiss The Sky Prestigious

Don't love Old but still hold XXX in high regard. Looking forward to the new one if it's anything like that song he did with Clams awhile back.

Chaplain Tappman likes this.
  18. bedwettingcosmo

i like bands who can't sing good Supporter

HERE WE GO

19. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

crazy little song there, I dig it

20. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

YESSS give it to us

21. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

Oh man I love this

22. TheWater(s)

Kiss The Sky Prestigious

So good. I hope this is an indicator of the direction he's headed, as opposed to the poppier direction of Old. More samples of shit like This Heat and rapping like this pls.

23. Contender

Goodness is Nowhere Supporter

It's everything I love about him. Can't wait for an album.

24. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Danny said that this album was heavily inspired by the album Toxicity by System of a Down and I can actually kind of see that in this song

Dope as hell

beachdude42 and Chaplain Tappman like this.
  25. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

That's pretty interesting