Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Danny Brown - uknowwhatimsayin? - (October 4, 2019) Album • Page 6

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Ben, Apr 30, 2019.

1. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

This rules

2. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

That went way too quickly. But it was damn good.

riotspray likes this.
  3. Back half of this reeeeeally shines

4. Signifire

Headphones blaring three stacks Prestigious

This is really good, I think this is the one that will make me a fan and really delve into his other music

wisdomfordebris likes this.
  5. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

If XXX, Old and Atrocity Exhibition didn't make you a fan, I don't know what will.

6. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

Danny and JPEGMAFIA is just an unreal combo

7. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

This is a lot less abrasive than his earlier records, I can totally see people who didn’t like him before liking this one

8. wisdomfordebris

Moderator Moderator

I like abrasive, but I personally find this one more consistent. I do intend to revisit his others though.

waking season likes this.
  9. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

XXX is his masterpiece imo, but this one feels very refined and fresh and im excited to listen again. All his records are great but i find them all to be growers too.

OhTheWater likes this.
  10. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

Went by quickly, but this is quality.

11. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

Negro spiritual is so good

12. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

I'd agree that they are kind of growers, while this record is a little more immediate. So I guess I can see this catching the attention of some people that might have passed over his other releases.

13. angel paste

grey hairs, get out of me zoots! Prestigious

i thought JPEG was pharrell when i first heard it lol

14. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

can't get into "Theme Song" or title track yet, great beats but Danny isn't too engaging on them

Killer Mike's verse is bad

apart from that, this album is consistently terrific and a great step for him - he can do basically any style from here and his fans will embrace it I'm thinking

15. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

Only Danny Brown could rhyme “iodine poisoning” with “Roy Orbison” and make it work

16. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Shine, and Combat end this bad boi splendidly.

17. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Definitely can't see this ever touching Atrocity Exhibition or XXX for me but it's still pretty damn great, Danny so consistently changes it up and his quality never is affected by it

Favorite songs based on early listens are Dirty Laundry, Belly of the Beast (insane production on this), Savage Nomad, Best Life, Negro Spiritual and Shine

18. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

My initial impressions is that this isn't as good as any of the three that came before it, but it's still super good and has a shot at my top 10 this year haha. Dirty Laundry, Negro Spiritual, and Combat Rock are probably my favorites after one listen, but it's very consistent and I don't think there are really any low points.

19. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Apparently he's doing an impression on purpose lol

20. PauLo

43% Burnt

I’ve listened to this twice now and I’m not sure what to make of it. The beats are great and there’s nothing wrong with Dannys more relaxed rapping (I’m a big fan of The Hybrid, so I’ve got no issue with that). It just hasn’t clicked yet.

21. PauLo

43% Burnt

And I hate it hasn’t clicked yet as Danny is one of my favourite rappers from the past 10 years

22. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

I think this is perfect

wisdomfordebris likes this.
  23. Shine and Combat are so good

Cameron and wisdomfordebris like this.
  24. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

This definitely feels concise and sharp in the way as Denzel's ZUU/Vince's FM!. The lyrics also feel more mature and meant to be taken seriously than on his previous records.

irthesteve likes this.
  25. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

I'd actually argue that his lyrics are a lot more serious on AE and XXX, it's just easier to understand them a lot of the time on this one