Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Danielle Durack - No Place (January 15, 2021) Album

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by trevorshmevor, Oct 13, 2020.

1. 18FACC7E-6789-4328-A1E6-6588BD6A9E3F.jpeg

1. Mistakes
    2. By Now
    3. Broken Wings
    4. I’ll Try
    5. Billy
    6. There Goes My Heart
    7. Now That I’m Alone
    8. Don’t Know If I’ll Stick Around
    9. Some Day
    10. Eggshells

2. Leftandleaving Oct 14, 2020
    (Last edited: Oct 14, 2020)
    Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

this song is gorgeous. who's putting this out?

trevorshmevor likes this.
  3. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

That song is beautiful! Never heard this artist before but I’m very into it.

trevorshmevor likes this.
  4. Leftandleaving likes this.
  5. She did a livestream tonight at a local venue — not full band but a solid watch.

6. trevorshmevor Nov 16, 2020
    (Last edited: Nov 17, 2020)
  7. Leftandleaving

this reminds me of what I think the last petal album wanted to be. I really like it

Matt Chylak and trevorshmevor like this.
  8. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

9. Leftandleaving

Welcome to the party Craig. What’s your favorite song?

Craig Manning likes this.
  10. Hell yeah. Dani’s crushed it as a hometown hero for years, haven’t given this a listen yet but I’ve got no doubt it’s stellar

11. Craig Manning

First couple of listens, "By Now" is the big stunner. But looking forward to spending more time with it in the next few days.

trevorshmevor and Leftandleaving like this.
  12. cshadows2887

Hailey, It Happens @haileyithappens Supporter

Adding to my calendar for Friday. Good looks.

Not to derail the thread, but @Craig Manning do I have to listen to this Morgan Wallen thing?

13. Craig Manning

Ha, maybe? I listened to it over the course of 3-4 sittings. There are some great songs on there for sure, and I think he’s got talent, but man there are some stinkers too. Not sure who told him a 30-track double album was the right choice. There’s definitely a solid single LP in there though.

14. Matt Chylak

I can always be better, so I'll always try. Supporter

I've decided that I'm not going to approach the Morgan Wallen album after reading Craig Jenkins' piece on it. Just doesn't seem like something I need to put myself through.

Thanks for the heads up! January's relatively light on anticipated releases. Who the heck told her to put the closer out though, I ain't listening to that :)

15. Craig Manning

I'd say Craig's writeup gives a pretty good microcosm of what's going on with that album. I don't think it would be getting this much buzz if January wasn't so barren for releases. Obviously, Wallen is super popular, but he's getting praise from some segments of the music press I didn't expect. Like I said to Chris, there's something there, but it's so buried in this overblown double album that actually listening to the whole thing is kind of a chore. Wallen is also not the easiest dude to like at the moment, given some of the controversy around him from the past year.

I really wish artists would stop releasing openers or closers as singles or pre-release tracks. Leave it for the full listen!

16. zmtr

Trusted

According to Spotify I've had "Broken Wings" saved since 10/15/2020. I've played the shit out of it since then. Really excited for this record.

17. I don’t think this one’s getting the video treatment, but the third pre-release track is out

Leftandleaving likes this.
  18. Leftandleaving

One of my favorites

19. cshadows2887

Hailey, It Happens @haileyithappens Supporter

The only exception to this is if you're doing that classic pop structure where you put the singles up front. But in that case, at least protect your closer for the first listen.

20. Craig Manning

Yeah, The Killers have done that "stack the singles up front" approach well. It's definitely better than releasing the closer. I think I approached Brian Fallon's Local Honey completely differently than I would have otherwise, just because the single was the last song on the album.

cshadows2887 likes this.
  21. Craig Manning

Hope people are giving this one a listen today!

JRGComedy and trevorshmevor like this.
  22. Matt Chylak Jan 15, 2021
    (Last edited: Jan 15, 2021)
    Matt Chylak

I can always be better, so I'll always try. Supporter

Only halfway through, but these lyrics are really great. Reminds me of Lucy Dacus and Soccer Mommy in places actually.

EDIT: The Petal comparison was an apt one as well.

23. Wonderful, the whole thing. I’ll Try is probably my current favorite after two listens, By Now is very much up there as well. Definitely her best release without question

24. ImAMetaphor

absence 8/20/21 Prestigious

This is really great