Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Dance Gavin Dance Band • Page 80

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by nchlsnwtn, Apr 1, 2016.

1. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

Yeah I agree 100%. I’d be down for a midpoint between DIVISI and their old stuff.

2. Gooddayz

always and forever

How was the reception of DIVISI? I remember liking the latter half of the album more, but it didn't stick with me.

3. Bryan Diem

Trusted

Spoken word was weaker than No Place but I liked it. I'd rate 7-8/10

4. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

I’ve been diggin this band hard lately. Huge DGD vibes

beachdude42, Gooddayz and js977 like this.
  5. ChampsMusic

Instagram.com/ChampsMusic

So A Lot Like Birds just called it quits. Sad to see that happen and I don't know why they are splitting, but wish them luck in their future efforts.

js977 likes this.
  6. torres

Regular

Jonny and Slaves' new video. I know a number of people on here can't stand them, but for the few that can listen to their music, this is one of Jonny's most honest songs he has put out...

7. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Fuck that dude.

irthesteve, skogsraet, atlas and 6 others like this.
  8. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Honest huh? Does that song talk about how he abuses women too now? Fuck him, and fuck that band/label

irthesteve, skogsraet, atlas and 6 others like this.
  9. White

Cum for the Cum God. Prestigious

How this guy still finds employment is bewildering.

skogsraet, MrDaveH and Benjamin Lee like this.
  10. Anthony_ Feb 17, 2018
    (Last edited: Feb 17, 2018)
    Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Jonny Craig is scum, pure and simple. Needs to disappear. Let's keep that crap outta this thread.

11. carrytheweird

www.nrdc.org

Yeah his demeanor in the video and amazing social network presence really display how changed he is. Heard that shit every 2 years, forgiving him as a fan in the belief that addiction is a disease. Then I found out what he has been doing to women and fans unchecked and behind closed doors and realized how unworthy he is to be a performer on the road. In fact, he should be in prison. Do. Not. Support.

Edit: I’m fine with discussing him as a part of DGD, they were tied together for much of the band’s career. But in no way does him writing a few lines in his new shit band about bad parenting change anything about how hollow of a human being he really is. Nor does Slaves’ music deserve to be in the DGD thread. The obviously far superior band.

12. Blink182Bouncer

Trusted

Jonny Craig has one of the best voices in rock music period. Every little nuance and quaver and growl and line of melody is incredible, I'm not denying that.

But he's an abuser. Up until November I was a fan of his and forgave him for his addiction and dismissed all the 'Jonny Drama' as his own personal business. He's a character but didn't assume he was a bad person.

Then the rape allegations came out and I was like "yeet boi." I can't support someone like him when he's comitting criminal and abusive actions and is getting rich in spite of (or worse; because of) it. I can't in good conscience listen to his music knowing the songs are more likely than not about his bitterness and sense of victimization.

I'll always enjoy his work with DGD and sppreciate what he did with Slaves but he needs to know he's fucking crossed the line, betrayed our trust as fans and is fucking done.

Daniel182 likes this.
  13. MrDaveH

Regular

I'm all for never posting Slaves crap in any thread ever.
    The less said about that garbage the better.

14. torres

Regular

Erik Ron, the guy who just produced the new Slaves album, also reportedly recorded/produced the vocals for the upcoming DGD album.

15. muttley

"Fuck you, Peaches!" Prestigious

S/T held up pretty well as long as I don’t pay attention to the lyrics haha

Cameron and beachdude42 like this.
  16. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

THE FIRST THING I SAY IN THE MORNING IS FUCK THAT SHIT

17. muttley

"Fuck you, Peaches!" Prestigious

SHE GOT HIT BY A TRUCK WHAT THE FUCK

18. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Loooooove s/t

beachdude42 likes this.
  19. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

It does hold them back. I would like Jon to do more than screaming again. Like all the cool stuff he did on Self Titled. But alot more.

skogsraet and beachdude42 like this.
  20. Blink182Bouncer

Trusted

I'd like to hear Jon do what Micheal did on the last Issues album. Like, still scream, but do some grittier hard-rock cleans to contrast with Tilian's higher melodic voice.

21. carrytheweird

www.nrdc.org

Still love People You Know. Might be my favorite from that album. I think it’s some of Jon’s most direct and well rounded lyrics with a point.

js977 likes this.
  22. Gooddayz

always and forever

On a side note that new Royal Coda song with Kurt was pretty underwhelming.

23. sukottokairu

Regular

i felt like on DBM 2, that jon was heading towards the direction of screaming melodies, and it was really interesting, but he didn't seem to go back to that approach really. for mothership we saw tilian bring out his gritty side, i'd like to see jon try some clean or more melodic screaming on the next album. guess we shall see...

Gooddayz and carrytheweird like this.
  24. sukottokairu

Regular

or what their label thinks is their best work...

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.
  25. White

Cum for the Cum God. Prestigious

I think it's just 'cause the playlist is technically by Rise Records.

Either way, the important part is Hot Water On Wool isn't there, so whoever made the list made it wrong.

beachdude42 and ChaseTx like this.