Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Dance Gavin Dance Band • Page 6

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by nchlsnwtn, Apr 1, 2016.

1. White

Cum for the Cum God. Prestigious

beachdude42 likes this.
  2. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

when's this band gonna finally release Lemon Meringue Tie (Tree City Sessions)????

3. red8ge

Regular

i think tillian and jonny knocked the whole record out of the park, hard to listen to the old stuff now

beachdude42 likes this.
  4. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

Their production quality sounds so different compared to DBM and it sounds amazing!! I do think that this will always be Jonny's song first and foremost, but Tilian does pretty damn good here. Also, Jon's new screaming style works great with the old songs.

5. withchappedlips

#nothingiseasy

Tilian is so much more enjoyable on these two older DGD songs than any song he's in on the actual records he helped create. His voice in general sounds way better to me on these than any of his recorded albums. Weird. I really cannot wait to get that Tilian album that pulls me in like all their old stuff did.

6. beachdude

Idk where to post this but Envy On The Coast might be reuniting??

7. nchlsnwtn

Regular Prestigious

that "NOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW" that jon does is too good.

fuck. it's weird hearing his perfected style screaming on these old songs where he was still finding his voice

8. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

Even with Tilian singing I still can't make out these fucking words

9. PandaBear!

Trusted Prestigious

LOL. In my defence, we genuinely posted it 0.01 seconds apart. But also I could've quite easily deleted my post but didn't. And this particular post adds nothing of value to the discussion, so i'll say something slightly controversial - I couldn't care less about Tilian doing the old songs and am more looking forward to hearing him do his songs in the live setting tbh...

beachdude42 likes this.
  10. beachdude

Haha you're good, it was just a good opportunity to do something funny.

I actually think this is kind of a cool concept, just hearing how the band has changed and not changed through these re-recordings.

PandaBear! likes this.
  11. PandaBear!

Trusted Prestigious

It's a cool concept for sure. I personally am gonna use these songs to help me figure out guitar parts as they can be picked out of the mix easier in these live songs.

And that post was lolz, but I'm worried my response made it seem like I didn't find it funny though! Should've punctuated it with some emoji's.... :crylaugh:

beachdude42 likes this.
  12. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

When does Tree City Sessions come out again? Also is it confirmed that Kurt or Johnny are on it or no?

beachdude42 likes this.
  13. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

May 13th

14. beachdude

No Kurt or Jonny sadly.

15. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

Tree City could end up a top tier DGD album for me at this point, honestly. The production makes me able to feel the energy in the songs, and has made me enjoy them more than the studio versions (out of the two released).

beachdude42 likes this.
  16. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Oh well would have been neat. Either way Tilian has been killing it on these songs released thus far.

beachdude42 likes this.
  17. Jake W

It would have been cool to have Kurt on a track. Anything Jonny has done in the past few years just bores me so I'm kinda glad he's not on it.

18. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

The only context I would have really wanted Jonny or Kurt on here with is if they did Uneasy Hearts with all three like they did on the 10 year tour.

beachdude42 likes this.
  19. Jake W

Yeah that actually would have been good thinking about it. The videos that I saw of it were great minus Jonny's annoying stage presence.

beachdude42 likes this.
  20. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

Yeah, there was one show recorded professionally and Uneasy Hearts sounded great. Not doing that is honestly the only thing I can see with Tree City I would have done differently.

Jake W and beachdude42 like this.
  21. beachdude

Yeah I agree, Uneasy Hearts would've been perfect with all three of them.

22. PandaBear!

Trusted Prestigious

Sounds fucking awesome. My fav song by them for sure.

23. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

Less than a week until Tree City. I'm getting really excited. (also, love the new Carl Barker.)

24. carrytheweird

www.nrdc.org

I really liked this as well. I feel like Tilian didn't sound good at all when I saw him live, but sounds great on these tracks released so far.

25. Jake W

Yay they're coming back here the first time in almost 3 years. Definitely going to go to at least two dates.