Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Dance Gavin Dance Band • Page 3

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by nchlsnwtn, Apr 1, 2016.

1. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Yikes:cringe:

2. Fucking Dustin

Please click "like" Supporter

You're entirely right. I don't think he should be in the limelight whatsoever while this is going on but that's not my place to decide and although he's an entertainer, his addiction shouldn't be the entertainment.

beachdude42 likes this.
  3. PandaBear!

Trusted Prestigious

Sucks to say this but I don't think he'll be clean for a long while. Whether he lacks the support system, the willpower to go 100% sober or whether the environment that comes with being an entertainer of Jonny's level means that drugs will always be around him, something always brings him back to using again.
    The past few days I have been really thinking how tough addiction can be on a person, and Jonny has my well-wishes throughout this battle regardless of what he has done in the past.

4. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

Slaves just broke up.

Jason Tate likes this.
  5. ChampsMusic

Instagram.com/ChampsMusic

What a mess. Jonny relapsed pretty hard it looks like. He said he has an announcement in two days?

ALLB and Slaves broke up. Hope DGD is nowhere near that haha. Stoked for their new album. They go into studio next week right?

6. JordanKTM

@jordanmohler @killthemusictv killthemusic.net Prestigious

and nothing of value was lost. Another flash in the pan, flavor of the week band has come and gone.

7. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

ALLB hasn't broken up

8. ChampsMusic

9. White

Cum for the Cum God. Prestigious

Interested to see which group of musicians Jonny will negatively impact the lives and careers of next.

10. torres

Regular

Opening for Kurt, Tilian, and Jonny as an acoustic act for their show in Orlando, FL!

As always, if there is any cool info I gather, I'll share everything I can on here.

PandaBear! likes this.
  11. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

Every time I think I should look into the Jonny stuff, I see more shit about him and it turns me off to it all over again.

beachdude42 likes this.
  12. red8ge

Regular

Heroin is really fucking evil, and I think it's clear that Jonny has never had a real supportive group of people around him.

beachdude42 likes this.
  13. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

Yeah. From social media, he seems to keep putting himself around the worst kinds of people for what he struggles with. I hope he finds clean friends who will be a positive influence on him.

beachdude42 likes this.
  14. beachdude

Yeah agreed about Jonny. As much as I think he's not a great guy, I hope he can turn it around. I wouldn't wish addiction to heroin on my worst enemy, and Jonny has still been a part of some of my favorite albums.

Cameron likes this.
  15. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

Jonny is just the most self-destructing person I've seen. He could honestly be at least at a Panic! At the Disco popularity level but he has sabotaged his career more times than I can count and continues to do so often.

beachdude42 likes this.
  16. beachdude

All true. He could have easily had at least SOME level of mainstream success at various points, but he always messed it up.

17. torres

Regular

Per twitter, Jonny and Will had dinner together two nights ago. Looks like Will is gonna work with Jonny on some R&B style stuff.

I feel like Will developed incredible people skills through all the adversity within DGD and all the lineup changes. Find another leader of a band who can shuffle so many members and still maintain very strong business relationships and personal ties with everyone.

I have a lot of admiration for Will. For as ambitious and driven as he is, the guy is incredibly humble.

18. nchlsnwtn

Regular Prestigious

I'm attending the philly date for the tilian/jonny/kurt tour. I am cautiously excited.
    so crazy that I saw dgd, allb and slaves back in November and in the matter of barely 5 months, so much has changed.

19. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

So weird to me that Tilian, Jonny and Kurt are touring together to be honest

20. PandaBear!

Trusted Prestigious

It's just sorta hit me that they are literally recording their new album right fucking now!!! It is coming out this year too, is it not? So that will be 2 albums from them this year of our DGDlords 2016 :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

21. ChampsMusic

September release. Woo

22. nchlsnwtn

Regular Prestigious

I remember kurt and jonny toured together when kurt got kicked out back in 2010. that was really bizarre initially haha. this upcoming tour doesn't surprise me. I think they're capitalizing on the hype wave they created on the 10 yr tour.

and yep! super stoked that they sorta announced they're recording with crummet yet again!

23. torres

Regular

Slaves is NOT breaking up. An announcement from Jonny:

Also, an announcement from Colin Vieira:

Colin is an incredibly humble, grounded, classy dude. He is from in Palm Coast, FL where one of my former bands was based out of, so we share some mutual friends. I've gotten to get to know him a bit more on a personal level ever since he joined Slaves. I've met his parents too, they go to all his shows in town. He comes from solid upbringing.

I know Alex Lyman gave everyone really bad vibes, but I assure you guys that Colin is much more level-headed, less abrasive, and much more rational human being. I'm very excited for Colin because he now gets an opportunity to take on more of a leadership role within the band and I know how good of an influence he would be on Jonny.

Sorry if it seems like I'm trying to sell you guys on him. More than everything, I just could not be any happier for Colin right now.

24. skogsraet

Trusted Supporter

Just putting this out there but I followed AP for years (since i was 13 and I'm 21) but i never made an account until now so this is my first post and kinda first time around -- so obviously i had to spend it on one of my all time favorite bands.

I know the honey revenge topic was a couple posts ago, but I dearly love that song and I feel any backlash on it is undeserved as i thought it was pretty clear that it's written from the perspective of someone driven crazy by, as Tilian has said, obsessive love. I also interpreted it as unrequited love -- the character seems to believe that the only way to experience that love is taking it by force. I totally get that sentiment and that song has really rung true for me and my own unrequited feelings. That said, as a woman I'm sensitive to any suggestions of rape and I personally didn't think it was problematic. In terms of what gets by in the mainstream nowadays, I find the derogatory language casually used in reference to women and our bodies far more dangerous than what sounds to me like a sick kid who doesn't think s/he can find love without forcing it.

Per Jonny - I had no idea he relapsed! He grabbed my shoulder from stage a couple months ago on the 10yr in AZ and though sweaty and tour-dirty, I genuinely thought he seemed healthy. Kinda curious about Tilian and Kurt's decision to tour with him in spite of it all.

So sorry for the long post, I guess I'm a talker

25. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

It might be my naivete, but that statement sounds sincere. At least I hope it is and that he finally makes it out this time.