Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Dance Gavin Dance Band • Page 101

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by nchlsnwtn, Apr 1, 2016.

1. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

I doubt it’s an album, but they’ve put out at least 1 b side from the last 3 albums

2. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

Tilian did mention them planning to record in summer 2021. Would be nice if it’s an album.

3. StoJa9

Regular

Will said a month ago that he and Matt have been working on new DGD material. Could be a Summertime Gladness/Pussy Vultures type thing or a new record. Neither would surprise me and either would be welcomed with open arms.

beachdude likes this.
  4. Scoob

Regular

I just saw this. I totally understand the lyrics now!

5. Daniel182

Here we go. This was from a Will Swan Instagram live interview that day. At least as of late February, the plan was to record a full-length this year.

StoJa9, beachdude and Scoob like this.
  6. Daniel182

beachdude likes this.
  7. -deleted-

-

In Hair Song, Matt and Will do this groove from :50 - 1:10 that I think might be top 5 DGD riffs ever. It took me forever on drums to catch it. Someone who plays guitar pls confirm it’s good.

PandaBear! likes this.
  8. PandaBear! Apr 29, 2021
    (Last edited: Apr 29, 2021)
    PandaBear!

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah it's insanely cool - I love from about 0:35 - 1:10 and both guitar parts are very fun to play along with. One of my fav recent songs of theirs and would definitely be in my top all-time DGD riffs (That is not a list I'd ever want to try and put together though lol, far too many options to choose from)

Edit: Come to think of it, the whole of Hair Song is unreal from a guitar perspective. The intro is great, then the above mentioned part, the interlude with the clean guitar tapping is one part I've not been able to fully get down even with tabs. Great song

9. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Definitely feel the second half of Ar Se is underrated

Anthony_Soprano likes this.
  10. PandaBear!

Trusted Prestigious

For those with an interest, the official tab book for Afterburner is out now. Just picked it up myself, 1 or 2 annoying misprints/incorrect tunings (e.g. they state a song is in Drop D then clearly tab it out in standard lol) but overall very worth it, you get Guitar Pro tabs alongside the PDF too :thumbup:

11. Jbent

Trusted

Afterburner is the 1 that finally got wife on board w dgd after only liking some tillian era songs here and there, not much I don't love or atleast like on it myself

StoJa9 and PandaBear! like this.
  12. Daniel182

13. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

14. White

Cum for the Cum God. Prestigious

Bruh

Scoob, ChaseTx, Daniel182 and 3 others like this.
  15. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Yep saw that earlier excited

16. Daniel182

Ready for it

17. Need that Eidola record to drop

Cameron and beachdude like this.
  18. jciswhatis

Ugh, I hate America. Supporter

Krummet said on a recent podcast that it's been done since late '19.

beachdude likes this.
  19. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

Where will they go from here? Not much different I’m guessing lol

20. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

I mean Afterburner took some serious turns

beachdude and Your Milkshake like this.
  21. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

ill be sad if the new one comes out and they drop some of the new stuff that works so well on Afterburner - particularly the melodic Mess choruses and poppier elements. they never got to tour it and im worried that maybe they perceive it as less popular with fans or something - they only played 1 or 2 tracks off it on TCS2. hopefully im worrying over nothing but i really feel its their best album since all the way back to the Kurt era.

22. White

Cum for the Cum God. Prestigious

They did the same thing with TCS1 - only a year out from IG, they still only played 2 songs per album. I wouldn't worry about that.

Your Milkshake and beachdude like this.
  23. skogsraet

Trusted Supporter

I think the reception to Afterburner was positive enough that they won't perceive it as less popular. Idk if it's my favorite DGD album, but it's definitely the album i listen to most nowadays

Cameron, beachdude and disambigujason like this.
  24. MRose24

Regular

Wildly impressive.

25. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

Definitely going to be perceived as pretty popular haha

awesome for them

beachdude and Your Milkshake like this.