Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Dance Gavin Dance - Artificial Selection (June 8, 2018) Album • Page 75

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Anthony_, Mar 23, 2018.

1. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

I just want some sort of sonic shift tbh

2. Blink182Bouncer

Trusted

Would anyone be interested in a Build-A-Setlist Thread in wake of the tour announcement?

beachdude likes this.
  3. nohandstoholdonto

problem addict Prestigious

Down for that but also even more down for a favorite album poll bc that would be way more polarizing I think than most the other bands that get picked for that

4. atlas

Trusted

feel like that would skew towards Happiness by a pretty decent amount (rightfully so)

5. beachdude

Oooh yeah I'm all for a favorite album poll

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.
  6. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Let’s do it

beachdude and sawhney[rusted]2 like this.
  7. Blink182Bouncer

Trusted

beachdude likes this.
  8. Blink182Bouncer

Trusted

So Jonny Craig is apparently going to be a father, which... is kinda terrifying.

His ex-girlfriend came forward in a youtube video detailing physical and emotional abuse. A bunch of other people came out in support of her, detailing similar experiences with him.

And, as no one could've expected, he's being an asshole on twitter towards everybody trying to hold him to account and apparently "has a song about this situation" he's gonna release soon.

I just can't possibly imagine supporting this man in 2020, jfc. Even though he's not in DGD anymore I REALLY hope this band doesn't continue supporting him.

beachdude and PandaBear! like this.
  9. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Yeah I saw all that happening the other day on Twitter. He’s such a fucking scumbag

beachdude and Blink182Bouncer like this.
  10. abcdefg123

Regular

Calling him a scumbag is putting it nicely. I'd trust just about any scumbag before I trust this motherfucker.

11. White

Cum for the Cum God. Prestigious

Fun fact: "Jonny Craig" is an anagram of "trashfuck dirtweasel"

12. sukottokairu

Regular

so considering the lineup for the new tour including bands like Animals as Leaders, Veil of Maya, and Issues, who all use 7/8 string guitars, and the mentions of weirdness, new sonic territory, and new guest guitarists.... could we be getting a DGD album with a downtuned or extended range guitar on it?

13. ChampsMusic

Instagram.com/ChampsMusic

Figured swancore stuff is safe here:

The new Nova Charisma EP has had a more lasting value with me compared to the Royal Coda stuff. It’s funny because I was way more excited for the Royal Coda release.

14. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

that gets a big “pls no” from me personally

skogsraet likes this.
  15. nohandstoholdonto

problem addict Prestigious

I’m sure I’ll like it either way, Will is maybe my favorite guitarist going

beachdude likes this.
  16. atlas

Trusted

I mean they toured with Periphery last year and I don't see them sounding like Periphery

beachdude likes this.
  17. beachdude

Opposite for me lol. I do like the 2nd Nova Charisma EP more than their 1st, but Royal Coda has had way more staying power for me.

18. thenewmatthewperry

performative angry black man Prestigious

Decided to spin AS 2.0 today and was surprised with how fresh it sounded to me. When it first dropped I couldn’t tell the difference between the mixes but it’s a solid improvement on their best album

19. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

It’s a really great mix, and I’m glad they released it

20. Blink182Bouncer

Trusted

beachdude likes this.
  21. Seph

Musician living in LA

DGD/Circa Survive inspired me so much growing up that they’ve bled into all the art I create with Here’s To Now.

Also Prisoner is a bop, feel as tho Will’s bleeding in some Royal Coda vibes into the new DGD stuff, and I fuckin love it.

beachdude, solxace, Cameron and 3 others like this.
  22. beachdude

The other guitarist of Royal Coda (Sergio Medina) is also on Prisoner, I'm sure that's part of it too

Seph likes this.
  23. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Alright.

This album is better than I give it credit for. Though it’s still my least fav of the Tilian era, but man do some of these tracks slap(Count Bassy, Flash, Slouch, Bloodsucker, Evaporate).

skogsraet likes this.