Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Dance Gavin Dance - Artificial Selection (June 8, 2018) Album • Page 66

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Anthony_, Mar 23, 2018.

1. currytheword

Trusted

Who's really even left around him? The guy is never in a stable relationship. None of the bands he used to be close with seem to interact with him. No record label, sure as hell never posts anything about family. I stopped following him a long time ago, but the social network search I did on him seems like nothing has changed for him. At this point it's just a given he cannot be a touring vocalist nor should he be. Yet, it seems there is no easy path for him now that his public image and reputation was destroyed by his own actions. He can attempt to find another job, but his look and resume don't offer much. All he has left are other addicts that vie to be around him, and whatever people are still fans despite everything that's happened. I fear for his life at this point. At least, from my perspective on him.

beachdude and Jbent like this.
  2. sukottokairu

Regular

wasn't slaves down to jonny and only one other person in the band at some point? i feel super bad that the people surrounding him have to put their career on the line due to his actions, but, it's crazy to think he's getting kicked out of a band that really seemed like it was all about him. i hope they can continue going, for the sake of the other people involved, but it's surprising that jonny is getting kicked out instead of the entire band breaking up, or changing their name, or something along those lines.

3. Blainer93

Prestigious Supporter

Honestly fuck Jonny Craig. Dude is the worst kind of person. He’s abused/raped multiple people and for some reason still keeps getting in bands and music deals.

4. jciswhatis

Ugh, I hate America. Supporter

Seconded.

beachdude likes this.
  5. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

side note: Matt McAndrew (who is filling in for their remaining tour dates) is great

beachdude likes this.
  6. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

Honestly I saw someone I know mention him being talented so I checked some videos from The Voice... even though I’m still skeptical that band will have any sort of shelf life post-the only member most people (including fans) cared about, he is definitely talented. Would be wild if those guys continued the trend of bands getting better after kicking out Jonny lmao

irthesteve likes this.
  7. Bryan Diem

Trusted

Imagine if Slaves got to Emarosa levels of good and how hard JC would subtweet

mattylikesfilms and beachdude like this.
  8. currytheword

Trusted

Imagine if the band named Slaves ended with Jonny, and the people now playing together start a new band with a better name.

9. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

Id be shocked if slaves wrote a single good song

currytheword likes this.
  10. incognitojones

Some Freak Supporter

Jonny is an abuser and a scammer that they tried to use to get their name out there. I don't care that he fucked them over, its not a good sign that they sought him out in the first place. A new name would be an obvious improvement but why care about what they do based on an association with a guy who's notoriously shitty.

11. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

I actually watch The Voice and he was my favorite of that year for sure, didn't win though

beachdude likes this.
  12. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

whoever that guy is, imagine having a good singing voice and then going to be in a band like slaves

beachdude and currytheword like this.
  13. currytheword

Trusted

Agreed, though I’m fairly sure everybody was kicked out or quit and then it was Jonny and one guitarist I don’t remember the name of. At this point the band’s most logical choice would be a name change and a restart. I mean, do you really wanna be the band known as Jonny Craig’s third failed outting?

beachdude likes this.
  14. Jbent

Trusted

Being named Slaves AND having Jonny Craig in your band in 2019 is nothing short of stunning to me.

mattylikesfilms and currytheword like this.
  15. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

or the band who plays djent still in 2019

16. currytheword

Trusted

Hey now, ain't nothing wrong with some djent. Just don't say "djent" and everything's good.

17. Jbent

Trusted

I've never actually listened to them but I'm honestly surprised they play djent haha.

18. beachdude

[​IMG]

I like Tilian on Twitter again

19. Lazarus

Drummer

Here I thought he’d called him out for being a huge pos but I see he took the opportunity to gloat instead

incognitojones and beachdude like this.
  20. ChampsMusic

Instagram.com/ChampsMusic

He was joking around. Those two go back and forth bantering often.

21. Lazarus

Drummer

That’s unfortunate

22. PandaBear!

Trusted Prestigious

Wasn't he offering to write a theme song for that dingus Sam Harris' podcast yesterday too?

23. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Friendly reminder that first Stolas lp still fucks

beachdude likes this.
  24. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

I actually never checked out their other albums

beachdude likes this.
  25. beachdude

Their second one is their best imo... the third is still solid, but the vocalist change definitely led to a bit of a loss of their “edge”.

Cameron likes this.