Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Dance Gavin Dance - Artificial Selection (June 8, 2018) Album • Page 64

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Anthony_, Mar 23, 2018.

1. Bryan Diem

Trusted

Eternity forever is pretty much head and shoulders above anything swan-core related so that's a BIG no from me

beachdude and Cameron like this.
  2. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

Just not even remotely true, every live video I’ve seen of him from 2015 onward blows everything he did during his time with dgd out of the water

3. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

I didnt like the way he writes post dgd very much not talking technical ability (though Ive seen some of that too but that was years ago at this point)

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.
  4. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

Eternity Forever was great and ALLB was better than 90% of DGD material so I strongly disagree with that statesment, but if you didn’t like his style then okie dokes haha

beachdude likes this.
  5. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

He hasn’t been surrounded by musicians/writers as good as the guys in dgd. But his voice is literally better than ever

6. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

you can disagree thats ok

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.
  7. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

Im sure it is. His voice is great.

Im just bored by his melodies when I hear his new stuff. It works on his solo stuff alot better than the band stuff.

Just my opinion.

8. Blink182Bouncer

Trusted

Honestly I'd rather keep dealing with Tilian's dumbassery, because the band really found their style with him and have been doing great commercially since.

sophos34 likes this.
  9. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

Clearly in the minority here but I find Kurt’s voice and meandering style outright unpleasant. Between ALLB and Eternity Forever I usually liked something else way more as a selling point.

10. Bryan Diem

Trusted

His melodies are phenomenal and he sounds great. Honestly can't even compare his phases cause he's just been consistent across his whole body of work but he's definitely in top form

beachdude and sawhney[rusted]2 like this.
  11. Gooddayz

always and forever

I honestly don't know how, but DGD turned out to be my top artist via Spotify. Says I spent 22 hours listening to them.. dang.

beachdude and PandaBear! like this.
  12. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

I don’t think I can look that up on apple music but there was a solid 2 months this summer where I didn’t listen to anything but DGD albums every single day

13. Gooddayz

always and forever

Niceeee. I must have played the crap outta Art Select and Mothership this summer.

14. nohandstoholdonto

problem addict Prestigious

Same lol

beachdude and sophos34 like this.
  15. Lazarus

Drummer

How does everyone feel about this album at this point? I’m about to listen to it for the first time since summer and I’ll probably want to discuss

16. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

Listened to it recently. I enjoy it way more than Mothership, and probably tied for my 2nd fav Tilian album after AS.

Recent news about the band has me a little soured so idk

17. Lazarus

Drummer

Please explain

18. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

hasn’t really soured me. there’s actual shit out there to be mad about, some members being ignorant about shit is very whatever who actually cares to me

beachdude likes this.
  19. Bryan Diem

Trusted

This album isn't that good, I think I like it more than IG but I haven't heard that one in a hot minute. Both vocalists are pretty grating here and few of the songs leave an impression on me. I like the opener and Flash though

20. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

ASe was a step back for me. Its still ok though. A handful of great tracks.

skogsraet and Daniel182 like this.
  21. felipecardel

formless in the night Prestigious

i keep returning to tracks 2 and 3 only, which are amazing. there's nothing here i dislike though. i'm new to them so maybe starting with their latest has me on the wrong footing

22. currytheword

Trusted

Handful of great tracks, some real duds I’m shocked they wrote. Mothership remains a vastly superior album to me.

23. White

Cum for the Cum God. Prestigious

ArtSec is solid albeit unspectacular. Same as it was 6 months ago.

I'm super confident the next album's gonna be way better though. Can't remember if I brought this up in here, but a while ago Swan did an interview where he said the vast majority of the songs on ArtSec were written alongside Summertime Gladness when they were looking for a single to release that summer. So assuming they don't take that same approach 2 albums in a row, the next one should be a notable improvement.

Gooddayz and disambigujason like this.
  24. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

Still a fun listen but yea mothership was definitively better. I find this one way less catchy. Saw em last night though and they still sound great live. Crowd went insane for em and were actually rowdier than Underoath’s crowd who are usually brutalizing.

beachdude and Gooddayz like this.
  25. Gooddayz

always and forever

The record is definitely top heavy, but I still like it a lot. Son of Robot to Flash is a hell of a run.

beachdude likes this.