Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Dance Gavin Dance - Artificial Selection (June 8, 2018) Album • Page 55

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Anthony_, Mar 23, 2018.

1. Micah511

We reach for the longest shadow Supporter

If they record their next album with this lineup...

2. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

maybe it'l actually be good because i was bored to tears by the album they put out

3. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Hey

4. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

It definitely didn't live up to my massive expectations. I mean that’s just a mean three piece right there. Album should have been the next IKS or Juturna. All those members bring some interesting stuff to the table. It’s still a solid release imo

5. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

Does Kurt have any other great stuff aside from Happiness? I don't think I've really listened to anything else he's done.

6. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Uh yeah S/T, the Eternity Forever ep, and his most recent(?) solo release. The one that has brain lord on it.

I personally love all his work with ALLB, but I know they’re an acquired taste.

beachdude42 and SpyKi like this.
  7. Collins

Trusted

If you haven’t heard Everything is Beautiful and you like Kurt, definitely give it a listen.

8. drewinseries

Drew

Yeah, I'd start with his solo record, Everything is Beautiful, then Eternity Forever (which I just found the last few days). I don't really like A Lot Like Birds, mainly just Kuroi Ledge. If ppl have good Kurt ALLB song recs, i'm glad to hear them.

9. drewinseries

Drew

Collins, beachdude42, SpyKi and 2 others like this.
  10. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

beachdude42, SpyKi and Rowan5215 like this.
  11. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

Connector is a straight-up classic

beachdude42 and Cameron like this.
  12. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

everything is beautiful is really good

13. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

yall S/T is even better than Happiness

Kurt trailed off big time for me unfortunately. Its like I cant remember the melodies hes been putting out since after DGD and some of the ALLB stuff. Idk why but for a while there he kinda just aimlessly wallowed on a key with no hooks alot and he did it again on Shelf Life. His solo material has plenty of pleasing music behind his singing though. I read somewhere that Will writes vocal melodies in DGD which would make sense bc hes musically brilliant and Im going to guess he has actually done alot of that writing over the course.

14. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

whats IKS?

15. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

16. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Yeah I’m probably being unrealistic, but all those members were doing some really cool proggy/heavy stuff in other bands.

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.
  17. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

I just want Kurt to be a part of an album as good as Happiness one day

18. Micah511

We reach for the longest shadow Supporter

That Royal Coda record had maybe 3-4 good songs, but the rest all sounded the same. Cut Me Under is a jam though.

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  19. christsizedshoes

Trusted

Most of the tracks I wasn't sure of have grown on me, and it's overall very solid now.

"Care" and "Count Bassy" are two I was big on when they first came out, but wore out their welcome rather quickly and I often skip now. "Gospel Burnout" is still obnoxious, but not terrible. Everything else I really like.

Still put Mothership above this for its highs, but AS2 might be more consistently good.

20. Gooddayz

always and forever

Count Bassy I didn't like at all initially, but now it's among my favorites. I'll say the 123 punch from Disaster to Bassy is the highlight for me. Really the first half is great while the second half is good

21. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

Evaporate is last tho

22. PandaBear!

Trusted Prestigious

Evaporate > Bloodsucker.

Both are last for me though, but it's weird because they are no worse than Flash, The Rattler, Shelf Life or Gospel Burnout. That's 6 songs out of 14 that I think could be better, yet this is still currently my 3rd fav DGD release.

23. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Y’all still sleeping on Slouch I see

24. PandaBear!

Trusted Prestigious

It's a fav for a lot of people in here I think, certainly in my top 3 anyway.

25. currytheword

Trusted

Not really happy to see Tilian praising Jonny on Twitter. Let that shithead disappear, toxic human being who deserves no platform.