Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Dance Gavin Dance - Artificial Selection (June 8, 2018) Album • Page 53

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Anthony_, Mar 23, 2018.

1. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

*Rudy Guiliani voice*: “Ze-roooo”

2. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

there's a zero percent chance tilian does features for free so...

currytheword likes this.
  3. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

*trump voice* wrong

beachdude42 likes this.
  4. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

use your brain please

5. beachdude

I was joking lol, obviously he got paid... but I have a feeling if anyone tries to get away with underpaying guest musicians it’d be Jonny

6. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

just wondering if anyone knows esp in the case of that cover

its nobody rise bands

beachdude42 likes this.
  7. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

if i had to peg tilian's feature price id put it between 1 and 5 thousand. maybe more.

8. beachdude

IIRC a friend’s band a while back tried to get Tyler Carter on a track and even he was 5K

sophos34 likes this.
  9. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

5k is actually pretty low compared to what a lot of rappers charge, but the rap game is different and more reliant on features

beachdude42 likes this.
  10. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

is there money for them to make on covering of a huge pop song I wonder

11. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

100%. pop covers get views. views = money. views = exposure. exposure = money.

12. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

not to mention how completely niche and demographic starved all this music is

DGD transcends but I bet everyone else in this pocket is broke doing this stuff

13. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

yeah straight up from youtube

I wanna know what you make off of 250k views

14. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

dgd are smart about how they do things which is why theyve survived this long through so much turmoil. cant remember if it was will or jon who i saw in an interview talking about how they dont go as crazy with live production as a lot of bands on their level but they end up making way more money on tour because of it, and they use a van now instead of a bus. stuff like that to keep the band profitable.

beachdude42 likes this.
  15. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

depends on how many of those viewers click on ads really. and depends on the channel's deal with youtube, if they're a partner or not. the real money comes when you start getting into a million plus views. can make quite a few grand at that point.

16. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Okay, I keep trying hard to get into this band and I think it might be starting to click

disambigujason likes this.
  17. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

i will admit it takes some time to truly get into this band, at least it did for me, but once you hit that level you fall in love pretty quickly

18. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

I’ve given their last few albums a passing listen but really not more than that, and thought AS2 was just okay when I listened. Lurking in this thread made me want to try diving in again, and I’ve been digging AS1 for a few days now and in the process of going all the way through the discography

19. Around late summer 2008 when the video for Me And Zoloft came out. It actually took me a while to totally appreciate their style, but once Tree Village was previewed, they became an obsession. I remember Happiness leaking a month early, which seems unheard of in 2018.

Nate_Johnson likes this.
  20. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

21. PandaBear!

Trusted Prestigious

Spent several painstaking hours learning that song yesterday by going on youtube and bringing the speed down to 0.75. A demo like that would've been uhhhh, extremely helpful and saved me a lot of time :anguish:

22. Blink182Bouncer

Trusted

Just use the Riff Studio app :)

23. PandaBear!

Trusted Prestigious

24. currytheword

Trusted

I could listen to Mingus play the drums for fucking days. The guy is so unique. Makes me never want to pick up my sticks again.

25. Blink182Bouncer

Trusted

An app that allows you to slow songs, loop parts and change the pitch at a relatively low loss of quality. It works great for learning songs.