Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Dance Gavin Dance - Artificial Selection (June 8, 2018) Album • Page 3

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Anthony_, Mar 23, 2018.

1. what

Regular

Rise posted a link on their website saying it was to a new song and I totally fell for it. I hate this day

PandaBear! and beachdude42 like this.
  2. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

LINK ME PLZ

3. beachdude Apr 1, 2018
    (Last edited: Apr 1, 2018)
    beachdude

I found the tweet, it's actually this song haha... very well-done troll though.

Tweet for reference:

4. beachdude

So uhhh...... they've gotta be dropping a song soon right? RIGHT?!

5. Blink182Bouncer

Trusted

Omg, Rise's PR is being a tool today

beachdude42 likes this.
  6. beachdude

I'm thinking they're leading up to a single release early in this upcoming week... we'll see.

7. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

8. beachdude

Anthony_ and Daniel182 like this.
  9. sukottokairu

Regular

rise records release number 420, nice hahah

Anthony_ and beachdude42 like this.
  10. primavera

big baller brand Supporter

sure why not

11. Deathco_019

Drummer

Might check this out. Haven't listened to their past couple, but maybe I'll dive into their discography a bit this week and see how I feel about them. This band has always been hit or miss for me.

primavera likes this.
  12. primavera

big baller brand Supporter

pretty much exactly how i feel haha

13. Deathco_019

Drummer

Always thought the Kurt stuff was the best. The Johnny stuff was mehhhh and I haven't listened to much of the Tillian stuff

primavera likes this.
  14. beachdude Apr 3, 2018
    (Last edited: Apr 3, 2018)
    beachdude

Kurt was my favorite DGD vocalist for a very long time (might still be) but Tilian's DGD stuff has really grown in my mind as I've spent more time with it. Dude is very talented.

incognitojones likes this.
  15. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

I’d say Kurt is my favorite DGD vocalist, just not in DGD. Happiness is my second favorite DGD album, but Tilian is my favorite for DGD specifically. However, Kurt solo kills past members solo, A Lot Like Birds was way cool, and Royal Coda is looking really great too.

beachdude42 likes this.
  16. Blink182Bouncer

Trusted

Kurt is in my opinion, a mix of Tilian's strong melodic character combined with Jonny's raw emotion. Kurt's great.

But the instrumentals and production from the Kurt albums don't hold up. I still love them, but in the modern lens they feel a little bloated.

17. sukottokairu

Regular

tilian took this band to a whole different level for me. especially with mothership, i love that album so i have high hopes for this!

disambigujason and beachdude42 like this.
  18. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

I don't know how to follow a thread on mobile, so here is a post. Hi.

PandaBear! likes this.
  19. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

Tilian >

beachdude42 likes this.
  20. PandaBear!

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah my vote goes to Tilian for the best vocalist this band has had. The fact he's the first vocalist to make it onto 3 albums, consecutively no less, and with a 4th incoming says it all for me.

21. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

I wonder if there's still fans that are convinced that they'll replace Tilian soon lol

22. Anthony_

I personally love Kurt and Tilian about equally. Both of their styles suit the band's sound so well so it's hard for me to choose. I do like the overall direction the band has gone in with Tilian, but Happiness is my second-favorite of their records so it really is a toss-up for me.

Looking forward to Royal Coda for sure.

Gooddayz and sawhney[rusted]2 like this.
  23. Micah511

We reach for the longest shadow Supporter

So this is the 4th Tilian album. JC only had 2, as well as Kurt. He's on twice as many albums than both of them but someone, somewhere will still refer to him as the new singer.

skogsraet, disambigujason and Jake W like this.
  24. Anthony_

Still wild to think that Acceptance Speech-Instant Gratification was the first time the band recorded with the exact same lineup for two albums in a row.

25. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Kurt, and Tilian are neck and neck for me personally. S/T and Happiness are great, but Tilian brings more of an edge with his vocals.

Also can’t wait for Royal Coda album.

Gooddayz likes this.