Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Dance Gavin Dance Announce New Album • Page 2

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jul 27, 2016.

1. Bryan Diem

Trusted

One of the worst reviews I've ever seen. There are ways to be disappointed in that album without sounding like a whiner, and he couldn't, haha

2. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Just to be clear, I was talking about PTV with Misadventures!

I do think DGD is trying to be more appealing to a wider audience so I would be surprised to hear any lines as off the wall as

"YOUR BITCH WAS HIT BY A TRUCK
    WHAT. THE. FUCK!!!!!"

Hahah

3. Bryan Diem

Trusted

My bad dog, I was distracted. With PtV that definitely seems to be the case though, which is good for them because it's panning out well.

And alternatively, there haven't been any lines about being OD'd on pumpkin pie or complaining about cookies or any of that stuff on these latest DGD records. Sad.

mattylikesfilms likes this.
  4. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Yeah it would be fun to hear some insane shit on Mothership which might happen on second thought. You never know with this band man lol

I just wanna hear a single ASAPPPPP

5. Bryan Diem

Trusted

Death Star is a big ship.
    A mother ship is a big ship.
    Mothership may be the Death Star of 2016.
    Let's see it.

6. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Would be verrrrrrry cool if you were onto something here :-)

Bryan Diem likes this.
  7. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

I enjoy TND generally but he legitimately does not like pretty much any scene-type music, so his opinion on it isn't really relevant. He hated on the new Saosin, hated on The Wonder Years' last album, hated on both of The Hotelier's last albums. These are all really good albums.

Personally, I think that DGD has never been better than with Tillian. His Anthony Green-esque vocals really suit their style well. And he isn't a total disaster like Johnny Craig. Besides, as long as Will and Jon are still in the band writing music, DGD could have anyone singing clean and I'd probably still listen to it.

8. Bryan Diem

Trusted

Uhoh, those are all albums I have talked trash on before, haha. New Saosin is sooooo meh it hurts. AG still blows Tillian out the water though.

9. Bryan Diem

Trusted

Wait dude this new PtV record totally jams what the helllll

10. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Really?? I like some songs but it's way too pop and the fact it took Vic two years to write those lyrics after the music was already done (hence the 4 year wait) is ridiculous to me.

I do love Dive In, Sambuka, Floral and Fading, Today I Saw The World, and Phantom Power.

So that's a 5/10 for me :tear:

11. Bartek T.

D'oh! Prestigious

Feels so soon, I still have to listen to that live record they released. And I'm all good with Tillian as their vocalist!

12. Bryan Diem

Trusted

I think because I knew it was going to be super pop I was braced for the general sound, and I just like how they approach pop songs. I don't think there was a song I disliked, though some were certainly better than others. From what I caught, it didn't seem like the type of album it should take 2 years to write the lyrics for...

13. sukottokairu

Regular

Stoked for new DGD! I loved IG and AS, live album was great. Really interested to see what direction they are going with for this one!

Also, new PTV is awesome, and for those who haven't given it much of a chance, listen to it a few times, it may seem simple at first glance but the songwriting is great and there's lots of details that are less than obvious at first to enjoy!