Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Dance Gavin Dance - Afterburner (April 24th 2020) Album • Page 6

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Blink182Bouncer, Feb 20, 2020.

1. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

I saw a comment that echoed a theory I’ve somewhat had. So far this album rollout to me has a darker vibe... and that’s consistent across the artwork, the first single/video, and the promo photos. What if we’re getting a concept album, and tomorrow is the start of revealing that? Even if it’s a loose concept, I’d be so down for that from this band.

2. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

been dying for a concept record for a while

beachdude likes this.
  3. Irra

beachdude likes this.
  4. thenewmatthewperry

performative angry black man Prestigious

imagine a DGD records with transitions :D

5. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

“Lyrics Lie” is out there.

6. Irra

Saw it leaked. Haven’t listened. Thoughts?

7. It's good, a bit more predictable and closer to Instant Gratification / Mothership. However, the Anthony Green-y screams from TIlian took me by surprise.

8. Kylee

Regular

WAY better than Prisoner IMO.

Irra likes this.
  9. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Fuck.

that sucks for them. I’ll wait tho

10. beachdude Feb 29, 2020
    (Last edited: Feb 29, 2020)
    beachdude

I definitely prefer Prisoner personally, but this is still solid. Agreed about it being more predictable.

11. Irra

Haha, that’s good to hear. I was trying to hold off til it was officially released but I’ll def check it out.

12. mattylikesfilms Feb 29, 2020
    (Last edited: Feb 29, 2020)
    mattylikesfilms

Trusted

I disagree with that but totally agree about Jonny’s insane lackluster performance on the otherwise awesome DBMII. Swan and Mess saved that record.

beachdude and sawhney[rusted]2 like this.
  13. Blink182Bouncer

Trusted

Tilian's melodic flexibility is wild. The guitars and time siginatures are a bit weirder than usual, but yes, this is just classic DGD. Love it.

beachdude likes this.
  14. jesseisabigdeal

Regular

i thought all their albums were one ongoing concept? same artwork with the same characters and characters in the song titles. i stopped listening when kurt left so maybe i'm wrong and out of the loop but i wouldn't be surprised if when they quit making music they'll have some crazy story to go along with all the albums.

15. Blink182Bouncer

Trusted

Did Jon really say "Remember when you tried to kiss her, but she was gay, and liked your sister?"

Oof

16. nohandstoholdonto

problem addict Prestigious

Lmao incredible

beachdude likes this.
  17. JamesMichael

Software Engineer Prestigious

Holy shit I've just heard Prisoner and it slays hard.

18. sukottokairu

Regular

i love lyrics lie, a little more upbeat, the lead riffs are so sexy and the back and forth part with tilian and jon is sooo good!!!

beachdude likes this.
  19. -deleted-

-

I just saw Andrew Wells of MGMT is featured on a track WHAT.

Sadly also the guy from Attack Attack who had dreads, but that's besides the point.

20. solxace

oh word?

of Eidola not MGMT

21. ChampsMusic

Instagram.com/ChampsMusic

Lyrics Lie is amazing. Wow. That punch is exactly what I’m ready for this DGD album to be. Would also appreciate Will rapping again if it fits.

beachdude likes this.
  22. -deleted-

-

Well i'm super fucking deflated now.

23. beachdude

Lmao... Andrew is a great singer though, he sang on Evaporate from Artificial Selection! He’s also been DGD’s touring rhythm guitarist for a few years now.

Anthony_Soprano likes this.
  24. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Lyrics lie is pretty awesome when you ignore the actual lyrics which is pretty much any Dance Gavin Dance song ever lol

beachdude likes this.
  25. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

anyone gotta a link to stream lyrics lie?