Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Dance Gavin Dance - Afterburner (April 24th 2020) Album • Page 3

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Blink182Bouncer, Feb 20, 2020.

1. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

fyi per dgd subreddit the drummer said that they recorded 15 tracks for this albums sessions

PandaBear! likes this.
  2. ccsc918

existing

The single is addicting, Will's guitar playing is superb as always

3. I agree about it being an interesting opener at least. However, this has to be one of their best first singles. Everything is on point, both instrumentally and vocally.

beachdude likes this.
  4. Micah511

We reach for the longest shadow Supporter

Reminds me of Chucky. I think it and Tree Village are the only other openers that were released as the first single.

5. sukottokairu

Regular

i like this a lot! that scream from tilian towards the end sounds awesome, his high notes hit hard, and glad we are getting some melodic jon screams and some funky riffs! chorus definitely packs some emotion

this song is featuring sergio from royal coda, and this song could have potentially been from sianvar sessions originally

6. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Hmmm.

I love the chorus, but I need more Jon. Decent single, but I NEED this album to shake things up. They were just kinda going through the motions with AS2. It’s good, but I expected more after Mothership which imo is still the best Tilian album

7. PandaBear!

Trusted Prestigious

Had a few more listens now and I think it's just the intro that I feel is below par, first chorus at 0:45 onwards and it's all good. The outro is built around the same riff as the intro but is much, much better - not surprised that this is a song Sergio features on as it does have a Sianvar vibe to it.

beachdude likes this.
  8. Been listening to a random assortment of DGD songs and “use your face like a dumbass rattle” kills me every time still haha

9. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

the funk section is like if someone sucked out the fun and ingenuity of a random happiness cut

SpyKi likes this.
  10. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Seeing these guys for the first time this year at Slam Dunk Festival. Was into their first four albums but don't know much beyond that.

What sort of setlist should I expect? What songs should I get into that would be in a festival setlist?

11. probably something close to this

Dance Gavin Dance Setlist at Good Things Brisbane 2019

12. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

Expect very little, if any, pre-Tilian material.

13. which is fine for me personally since I think all the Tilian releases are excellent and the only non-Tilian DGD I ever listen to is Happiness

jciswhatis and tvck like this.
  14. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

I hope Kurt comes out for a Happiness song during their spring tour since Royal Coda is supporting.

beachdude likes this.
  15. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

dude, Deathstar???

Cameron likes this.
  16. It’s a fine album it’s just not the one I usually reach for

mattylikesfilms likes this.
  17. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

Deathstar still best album

mattylikesfilms and Cameron like this.
  18. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

I listened to that royal coda album for the first time last night - kurt has super fallen off for me I guess its good dgd dropped him in hindsight because geez

19. thenewmatthewperry Feb 21, 2020
    (Last edited: Feb 21, 2020)
    thenewmatthewperry

performative angry black man Prestigious

Love the track, I think it's misguided lyrically but emotionally immediate because of that. Think there are some great lines here though:

The funky parts made me want to dance in my car and "wrestle" my boyfriend.

beachdude likes this.
  20. ccsc918

existing

new tour poster is dope

beachdude and nomoretape like this.
  21. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Bro

22. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Na that Royal Coda album is real good. It’s a grower

Edit: unless you’re talking about their first s/t album

beachdude and Your Milkshake like this.
  23. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

the instruments were cool but the songs as songs didnt feel memorable and I think part of that is I really wasnt digging what kurt was putting down - one listen for whatever its worth but i dont really wanna go back

24. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Deathstar and Happiness are my two favorite DGD records but I would probably rank Mothership and Instant Gratification as close seconds.

the Jonny stuff is the lowest tier minus DBMII since Mess is a goddamn BEAST on that record. I wish his screams still had that level of (for a lack of a better word) “rawness” to it. It seems a little more repressed these days but maybe that’s just me?

25. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

The new song’s fantastic. I’m glad mess reigned in the lyrics a little bit. Got some subtle DBM vibes on this one but still sounds fresh for them.

sawhney[rusted]2 and beachdude like this.